1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What you've all been waiting for!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Finally came home today and had a lil time to kill so i mounted up the plow and took pics...JUST FOR YOU!!! :)

We'll start out with a pic i'm sure most of you love and remember when i first posted pics of my completed rig on here, shows how bad at least the front of the plow looked....

Next, we'll get into a few pics of durring the restoration process, including everything disasembled on a blue tarp in the backyard being treated with some rust preventative chemicals we bought, then of them hung up on the paint rack (swing set!!) for primer, then downstairs in the paint booth (the wood shop with everything thrown out of the way) for the 4 coats of rustoleum glossy black HD metal paint.

Also included for your viewing pleasure is a pic of all the parts completed before assembly!

Then, we get into the pics from today of the plow completed and on the truck!!

Overall, i basically have a brand new plow except for the main metal pieces and the pump!
    I replaced:
    All nuts and bolts
    Repinned entire plow
    New lift triangle thingy
    All new cylinders
    New intensifire headlights (they do not hit the lift triangle AT ALL!!)
    Controller wire&plug on truck and plow side
    New controller

Total cost for the project:

Overall, this project was a lot of fun, but, took a LONG time to do it all the way i wanted it done! First we thought we would just do the front of the blade and as much of the back as we could reach, then i wanted to take the blade off, then i realized how simple it was to take the rest of it apart and at that point turned into a full blown complete restoration project! I gotta thank Dad big time for the bajillion hours he put into this thing with me and my gf for spending hours at my house watching me paint the thing!!!

So, tell me what you think!!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. mcwlandscaping

Some "in progress" pics!!!!!

3. mcwlandscaping

And The Finished Product!!!!!!

snowplow restoration 003.JPG

snowplow restoration 004.JPG

snowplow restoration 005.JPG

snowplow restoration 006.JPG

snowplow restoration 007.JPG
  4. mcwlandscaping

More Finished Product!!!!!!

snowplow restoration 008.JPG

snowplow restoration 009.JPG

snowplow restoration 010.JPG

snowplow restoration 011.JPG
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Wow, that looks outstanding!!! Great job. I know the Fisher stickers wear off, but a new one would really set that off nice. Heres to hoping you have a very profitable winter!
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  6. mcwlandscaping

look again! :)
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sorry, I responded too quick at first. Again, nice job:drinkup:

Hey, what did you do with your old lights? I need a set.
  8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I love the paint rack.........
  9. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

ahh, i looked to early as well, now i see, so what do you use to clean off all the rust and paint? how did you paint them, and what kind of paint. Looks awesome, what did you pay for the lights?>
  10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Well you did a really good job. That looks awesome!

My only question is, do you have a hard time seeing around your headlights? they look really high up there!
  11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I agree, it was definately time well spent! Ditto on the awesome comment! wesport
  12. mcwlandscaping

I have them, but due to rusty bolts one of the mounts on one of them is kinda destroyed.....the light is fine and the plug is fine too...i dont' know if that would work for you?

Spent countless hours with a grinder, wire wheel, wire brush, sandpaper, and other methods to get rid of as much rust as humanly possible, then soaked all parts in a rust neutralizing chemical. Used fisher paint on the yellow parts, however, that "other paint" i mentioned is a special blend of fisher paint and some kind of rustoleum product, worked AWESOME, and will be redoing the entire blade in the spring...i paid $198 for the lights!
    Actually they are pretty much perfect where they are, i was kinda surprised myself!
  13. J29

J29 Senior Member

Looks great Mike. Hopefully we get some good snow this winter so you can make that money back. Awesome job. J.
  14. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

awesome job mike, likes great, especially with the new lights - Nick
  15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

is that plow new... looks good man i might have to pm you after season cuz i wanna do the same thing next year. let it snowpayup
  16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Looks great. I need to do that to one of my westerns, however by the time we get done working its dark and my shop doesn't have a garage door yet.

Again it looks great, like someone else said a Fisher decal would fit it perfect, and you should get some vinyl signs instead of magnets.payup
  17. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

great job, looks alot better
  18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I really like your setup. One "?" though, I know you do lawn care as well & was wondering if those signs are magnets? Also could we get a couple vids of you this season?

Anyway looking great! Hows the business been?
  19. CrownLawn

CrownLawn Junior Member

Looks awesome! Think of the money you saved by doing the project yourself as well as the image that you send to your customers. Once again nice job.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks real good man you did a great job!