1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What you think?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Aug 4, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am thinking about going to the auction this week to pick this up as a backup truck. It is a 1995 Chevy K3500 4x4. It has a 5.7 gasser. It has never seen a plow i dont believe. It has 21k original miles. The body on it is rough. And when I say rough I mean it lol. It's an old state truck and I dont expect it to be clean lol. But it runs like brand new and the tires are like new. Let me know what you think it is worth. Now I just gotta ask my buddies if they have any carfax things left to run the vin quick for me and I will be set.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

future plow truck

:salute:don't look to bad go for it !

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am pretty sure I will be at that auction. and of course it is one of the last items going up.

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Tires are worth a good $600.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I kno lol. I am going to the auction tomarrow and see what I can do. Only thing im leery about is. Not being able to hear it run for 5-10 mins. They only start them when they go up for auction they start them move them foward and backward and thats it. I guess if I win it I will know what im getting when I am driving it downt he thruway lol

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The good thing about a truck like that, it's worth more in pieces than together. Pretty hard to go wrong. TBI350, TH400, 14FF in back, pretty reliable combo. And very common so it's easily repaired.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I dont think I am gonna go over $1000 for it.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

auctions today I will let everyone know how I make out

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

well lol. I went there and was looking it over more. the front frame horn was rusting. right around the steering gearbox. I paid the guy with the keys $5 to get the keys before the auction. And it ran good but ran rough. So I said screw it. So I am gonna revert back to another ford back up truck lol

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

good move. have you figured out the tranny issue in the ford yet?

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya chris its on its way out haha. it is shot and getting worse. I am gonna get it fixed by the end of summer. Or I might just buy a new one and put it in myself. But currently I am looking at a couple backup trucks. I am looking at a 93 f-250 with a meyers 8ft and a 95 f-250 with a 8ft mm1