1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What years push plates would fit on an 88 Chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dzrick, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

First of all forgive me if my terminology is wrong, this is my first time dealing with plows.

I have an 88 Silverado 1500 that I want to make my plow truck using my brothers Fisher MM from his 88 Ford F250.

I understand that I need push plates that will fit my 88, what year push plates will work?

Plus I need the pulley to drive the pump, anywhere I can get this?

Is there anything else I need to make this work.

I don't know if this helps but here's a picture of the serial #

Thanks for any and all help.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

have you put your truck through the ematch system on fishers website? I don't know if your truck is too old to be in there, but it may work.
  3. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

Just found the e match feature, I'll see what I come up with.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  4. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

The fisher search came up with attachment kit part # 7138 and lists this for 88-00.

I've had others tell me 88-98 which works for me as my other truck is a 98, so if I am in fact signing the 88's death warrant I'll be able to set this up on the 98.

Still need info on the pump drive pully.......anyone got any pictures and/or part #'s for me.

Thank in advance.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ebay from time to time. or a old fisher dealer that has a nos one. and that drive pully and pump bracket kit will be diffrent from 87tbi motor start of production to the end in 95. the 96 and up vortec motors are totaly diffrent. and thay never realy offered a belt drive for them i know of.

you might want to convert to electric pump if possible to make it easyer on you in the end. i had managed to find a nos install kit with everything i needed to swap from old carbed sb chevy to tbi serp belt style sbc. 250 with every thing. there is a few dealer on here and ebay with nos stuff.

and yes 88-98ish will fit for the frame being the same on 1/2 ton and light duty 6 lug 3/4 ton. 8lugs were diffrent frame ends a bit.
  6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my guess would be 88-1998 or so becuase it is just about the same frame.
  7. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

Serious questio

Shouldn't I be able to make a bracket for the pump?

I'm also going to take a good look at adapting the crank pulley on the 88 EFI as well as looking into the possibility of a belt drive for the 98, they are both serp belts as is the Ford I'm taking this plow from.

I will keep my eyes open on E-bay though because the correct parts would make things much easier.

Thanks for the info.