1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What year??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MSS Mow, Nov 19, 2014.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

What year did Boss introduce the new "alien" looking headlights?

Also, what year were the formed cutting edges introduced for the V Plows?

Thanks! :waving:

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

SmartLight2 headlights were introduced during the 2008/2009 season. Formed Cutting Edges were introduced during the 2006/2007 season.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah beware tons of folks selling one year old plows with the 2006-2007 style lights still lol.

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the info! I was thinking around 2009 on the lights but wasn't sure on the cutting edges.

Definitely!!!! That's why I was asking. Was looking at a used plow that was "Only 3 years old" that has the old style lights AND the old cutting edges. Plow was actually in great shape, but I had to laugh at the "only 3 years old".

5. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I replaced those headlights on all of our plows that had them for the new style. Was sick and tired of adjusting them every time I slammed into a snow bank.

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Haha, it kills me to browse Craigslist and eBay and see this...