1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What year span for Chevy electronics

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bostonyj7, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Have an 03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. Thinking about a newer truck, either an 09 or a 07. Will my Fisher MM1 harness and underhood electronics be able to work in the new trucks or will I need new ones. I guess what Im asking is what are the year span for the electronics that Im running now.

2. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

It depends, you currently have a GMT 800 which has HB3/HB4 lights, the GMT 800 was also made in 07 as a classic. However, GM also made the GMT 900 (new style) in 2007 which is HB3/H11 lights, and also requires different mounts. So it depends if you get another GMT 800 or a new style GMT 900.

3. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

How will I tell what the new truck has. New mounts? as In frame mounts for the head gear?
  4. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what he's saying is if u buy a 2007 Classic Body Style truck everything you have electronics's wise will be fine and maybe the push plates. but if u buy a 2008 body style truck you will need the different headlamp harness and the new push plates for the new truck.

the headlamp harness for your current truck is # 29048. for the 2008 truck the headlamp harness would be 29400-2
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  5. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I see now. I was confused for a second, but now I understand. Awsome, thats for the info

6. MaineGuy

MaineGuy Junior Member

Push Plates are fine from your 03 according to Fisher E Match. 03 and up uses Fisher 7169