1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What year did MM2 come out?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 02powerstroke, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a used 8ft Fisher MM1 with the insta-act hydralics its a 3 plug. The person I bought it from says its a 2003 but if that where true shouldent it be a MM2?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Most likely bought it in 03 but was an old new stock at a good price.

3. 02powerstroke

can you tell by the serial # or somthing

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Every plow for sale is no more than a couple years old, never used commercially! Add a couple years to whatever most people say for age

5. 02powerstroke

It has the hydraluic pack mounted to the plow frame not to the lift piston so this is the newer style of minute mount 1 right??:confused:

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

All that means is its not the SHEP style. I bought one of mine in 96 and another two in 00 that was one of each style. The only way to tell the two SHEP's and the Insta Craps apart was the A Frame and Blade. Do you have any photo's?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's 3 plug it also has the under hood Iso module (non relay) correct?

If thats the case then it has to be a 2003 model year or newer...unless someone converted it to three plug at some point. :)

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

That is what I understand it to be as well.

10. 02powerstroke

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

I can't see the blade connections that well. If you have the "L" Blade, chance's are it's the older version. Check these photo's out.

See how the L brackets on the A frame kind of cradle the blade it's self. If you have this style it is an earlier unit. They still utilize this attachment method in the later MM and the MM2, but the difference is the peice that jets out off the blade to the L brackets are bolted or pinned, rather then welded like the earlier style. fisher1.jpg

fisher2.jpg

fisher3.jpg

fisher4.jpg

fisher5.jpg

fisher1.jpg

fisher2.jpg

fisher3.jpg

fisher4.jpg

fisher5.jpg

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Also check out this weblink. You can determine your part number by process of elimination. all the blades are closer to the bottom. It may take a minute to open up the first time you look at it. PDF format. Fisher Blades

fisher6.jpg

13. 02powerstroke

No it dosent have the "L" set up we have an old speedcast plow that has a blade that looks like that but its a different set up in the one pictured.

14. 02powerstroke

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

yeah, that is the new style A frame. I would be willing to bet they wern't lying.

16. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

well it does say minunte mount right on it no minute mount2 also i have the mm2 and i dont have all the big yellow cross brace under my a frame ill put up a couple pictures later and you can compare them

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

1999-2000 season is when Fisher put forth the almighty MM2.