1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What year and why?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by snow problem, Feb 12, 2008.

1. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Just wondering what year you think is the best year for the cherokee and why.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

99, all of the safety equipment, updated intake design, still had the high pinion D30 and no axle disconnect. No problematic distributorless ignition like the 00-01, those years also had problems with heads cracking I believe (can't remember for sure since it doesn't affect me).

They changed very little from 97-01, but for a few things 97-98 still had a full roof rack 99-01 had a shorter one small things like that, every year had the sagging leaf problem in the rear but they are all pretty much trouble free.

3. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Best is relative, but my '92 is a tough old bird! The 4.0 HO is a pretty bullet proof engine, and the selectrac seems pretty tough too.

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

My 01 has done anything I have ever ask of it. Never a problem!wesport