1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would your price be?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tdog206, Nov 9, 2014.

1. tdog206

tdog206 Member

I have a chance to bid on three more lots all in the general area of my route. All three are commercial. How would you bid these to get them. All the owners I spoke with said they would give me the job if I can beat the price they paid last year. All will be a per push plow only with a 2" trigger. The pics have the square footage of each lot. All of them are easy pushes with no obstacles. I have some prices in mind, I just want some opinions to see if I am in the ball park. Thanks.

Browne's Liquor.jpg

china garden 1.jpg

CS Hollis 1.jpg

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did they give you the prIce they paid last year???

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell your not interested in bidding lower then the other guy. Then tell him you'll bid it your way and see what he says.

4. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Unfortunately no, that would make it much easier.

5. grandview

Doesn't matter what he tells you,won't be the real price anyway. He'll then take your bid and go back to the other guy, This a sandfly or Chinaman?

6. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Good point, not looking to lowball anybody just want to give them a fair price. Hey Grandview, I know your big on the seasonal pricing and I have never priced that way before. I was wondering if I should try to get a seasonal rate on the small lot in the last picture because it should take all of 10 minutes to service. Pros and cons on it?

7. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Your right on the money, one is a Chinese restaurant. I would prefer to just place and accurate bid.

8. grandview

go seasonal on all three, higher on the 2 bigger ones and tell him half price on the small one.

9. tdog206

tdog206 Member

There is a different owner for each lot but I am still considering offering each one a seasonal contract as well as a per push quote.

10. Mr.Markus

It only makes it easier if the lowest price is their only criteria, face it you're not special, there will be others they made this offer to including the guy who did it last year. They will play all of your bids off each other and sign the lowest schmuck. Submit your price plus the advantages of signing with you.

11. grandview

How not to bid scared. Go up to him and ask him what he wants to pay, no matter what, say no,even if its higher then what your think.

12. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Your both absolutely right. Great advice.

13. Mr.Markus

That never happens...

14. grandview

Must mean me, not available in Canada,

15. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Offer to plow in exchange for Chinese food.

16. grandview

Where did you come from, and no you weren't with my daughter!:gunsfiring:

17. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My minimums, here in my market, $120, $65, $35.

18. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Thats a good idea on the food payment, although it could backfire if I go there first. Fill up on Chinese and one of my other customer's will find me sleeping in my truck in their lot in the morning.

19. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Thanks Buswell for your minimum numbers in your area, thats a big help on pricing.

20. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

$140, $90, $50- but in your town people are cheap as f*** so it'll prob be more like $25,$40,$75. I used to help a buddy out plowing in that area years ago and I knew his rates and it's a good thing I was young and liked to plow because it really wasn't to make a pay day in the end.