1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you say?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BC Handyman, Sep 3, 2012.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

What would you say when you get a email like this from a customer. I know he is talking about a entire small trailer park. He gives no info on what he would want. Am I doing driveways? does he want salt/gravel? ect

> James,
    > I need a quote on snow removal for this season.

Thanks, Mark

Hello, first I got to say I offer a few levels of snow services so I would need to discuss what your expectations are so I can get you an accurate price. also do you want a "per visit" price or would you want a "seasonal" price? I can give you both, but thought you might have a preference. I will put a few things together for you , email them & give you a call end of this week sometime to discuss the different options.

Just curious as to what others would say. I'm always looking for ways to add professionalism & not overwelm customers with 500 options/prices.
  2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I think what you said was perfect. Customers don't usually realize what kind of information we need to formulate a bid. Its always nice to give the customers options so they feel more comfortable about the service and not have the feeling that they are being forced into signing something. I usually try and personally meet with the customer at their property to go over the details in person before giving a price.

Hope you land a new account!
  3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That is pretty much what I would have said it.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll call you to set up a time to stop by the park.
  5. BC Handyman

he lives out of town, really out of province, so no face to face time. I did meet him 1 time though when I leveled a 1 acre parcel of land for him last year. Young guy, bought the park as a investment.
    How many prices should I send him? I learned not to send every option with a price I could think of(did that with a lawers office that didnt know what they wanted.
    I know what is best for the property, but now sure if customers wallet will want to open that much.
    I know I need to talk to him first to get a few details before I could even think about numbers.
    Really it is a very easy,open site with straight pushes & a few places to put snow, but my only concern is if I have time to maintain it if he wants a real high level of service(ie: multiple trips per storm or zero tol.) dought he want a zero site but you never know.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Then call and talk to him over the phone and if possible have Google maps open to ask questions.
  7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Thank you for the invitation to work will you with concern to your snow removal for the upcoming season. At your convenience, I would like to discuss your needs in greater detail, as I may have a few options to offer you based on those needs. I can be reached by mobile # _____24/7, however ____ to____ is the best time to reach me. Outside of those hours my response time is usually under ___ minutes, as I check my messages frequently. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards,

8. BC Handyman

Nicely said coldcoffee!! I like the fact that it has a bit of classThumbs Up
    I made a site map already of the ideal "attack plan" for all but the most extreme snowfalls.
    I just got to now get a few details from the customer.
    Also Born2farm, thank you!!