1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you pay?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by limeCO, Oct 21, 2006.

1. limeCO

limeCO Junior Member

Hello:

I got two trucks here I'm helping a friend sell, but not sure what they're really worth. Please let me know what you'd pay for them...

1999 GMC 3500HD, V8 7.4L GAS (454), 10' Flatbed, Auto, Reg. Cab w/ 10' Flatbed, complete towing setup, LED lighting, 180K miles, maintenance records available. Comes with a 9'2 BOSS V Plow - installed last winter, used twice. Truck is in overall good shape.

1997 GMC 3500HD, V8 7.4L GAS (454), 10' Flatbed, Auto, Reg. Cab w/ 10' Flatbed, complete towing setup, LED lighting, 162.5K miles, maintenance records available. Comes with a 9' BOSS Straight Plow - installed last winter, used twice. Truck is in overall good shape.

Trucks are pretty much identical, except for their plows and mileage. My buddy brought them for a contract, but it didn't work out and needs to let them go. He put $12.5K into each to make them nice work trucks, since he thought he was going to use them for a number of years. We both agree they're not worth that much, but not sure how to price them. Can't use KKB or NADA since they don't have a HD option for the 3500 series...plus the plows are worth MUCH more than what get valued for on those sites. He needs to sell the trucks fast...please help us! Thanks

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Wrong forum. Try Used Plowing and Truck Equipment forum.

3. limeCO

limeCO Junior Member

Thanks. Sorry about that...I'm new here. Any advice??

4. Brothers

Brothers Junior Member
    from Toronto

hehe

advice was .... wrong forum ... lol

5. limeCO

limeCO Junior Member

Anyone got real advice? It was my first post...I wasn't selling the trucks on plowsite, I was asking the general snow removal contractors what they felt about them, therefore it was in the right place.

6. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I think that Nada and KBB bluebook worksheets for the trucks has the option to include the plow, which I see that you know. I would start there and expect to negotiate. 3500 and 3500HD have negligible differences in value. The flatbed lends no extra value to the truck. If you want to maximize your return, seperate the plows from the trucks and sell them seperately. PM what you think you would like for them, I may have interest. I'll return the PM with my email for pics.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  7. mark e

mark e Junior Member