1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you pay for this truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by karl klein, Feb 28, 2005.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

a fellow contractor that i work with is selling his 81 chevy c30 and i was thinking of buying it just wondering what you would pay for someting like this.
    specs 81 c30 chevy 2wd chassis cab
    1995 350 goodwrench crieght motor and rebuild tranny
    1997 dump box and flink undertailgate sander

81 dumptruck 001.jpg

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

pic 2 shows the sander every thing works fine they originally coated the bed with rhino liner it is now pealig around the edges but isnt that bad

81 dumptruck 002.jpg

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

pic three shows the cab wich is pretty beat up but not bad for 81

81 dumptruck 003.jpg

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

5000 -6000

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Not sure, but I restored it's twin brother a year and a half ago.....

truckafter.jpg

6. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

yes you did lol. how does the plow work with a 2wd

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't go over $5000- that's a former city truck (yellow dashboard), and a 4x4 goes for about $5000 in good shape. Check out that frame well- they rust quick on those trucks.

8. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

UPDATE
    well i bought it wendsday for 3500 a little more than i wanted to spend but not a bad deal.

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Looks like a good buy. Hope it works out for you! These trucks are more or less bulletproof, so the main concern is always rust. Keep it oilsprayed yearly and it will last a long, long time.

10. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

thank you all for the input the only rust on the truck is the driverside floor pan along the door sill a very common place on these trucks so i will patch it in other than the bed is not bad accept on the rear wear the sander bolts on the previos owner never took it off so it is just roated threw havent decided what i am going to do about it yet. i am starting a thread that will go all summer on my changes i make and repairs so please take a look and give me any input you feel would be good.

11. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

Oilsprayed

Sounds like a great idea. What is oilsprayed ????

12. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

good buy

karl congrats on this one i think it will work fine but yes work on the rust that blaster was cheep that i got and worked great. i would have snag that one myself so get those pics up on the pic forum with me for the summer...

13. derekbroerse

Oil spraying is similar to undercoating, but does not leave a thick 'crusty' film behind, rather, it stays oily and repels the water. A popular spray to use is called Fluid Film.

14. ratplow408

ratplow408 Member
    from PA

Where can you get Fluid film? Is it a do-it-yourself job, or a pro job.

15. derekbroerse

Fluid Film can be applied at home. It is a product from when sheep are sheered for wool, it is the oily extract from it... lanolin?

It is available from lots of automotive supply stores, also tractor dealerships as it is used to spray down tractors for winter storage etc.

It is applied with an undercoating gun which you can buy from these people as well.

Do a search on it here as there is a lot of discussion about it, what to use to thin it for spraying, etc.