1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Would You Pay For This Truck?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bdlawncare, Nov 27, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Okay so i have bee searching and searching for the right plow truck, and i havent been able to find the perfect truck.... Then i stumbled upon this and was wondering if it would be a decent plow truck.... It comes fully equipted with a 7.5 ft western unimount and its a 1998 2500 HD, short bed, ext cab, 137k.....

The "story" behind this truck is the guy used it to plow the car wash he owns... I have seen the truck and it hardly has any rust except for one spot on the drivers floorpan thats rusting through... The frame looks to be in good condition and he said everything works 100%

SO MY QUESTION IS, what do you think you would pay for this truck if you were in my shoes.... The guy is asking 9 GRAND! i KBB it and they had it for 5,600 that sounded a little more like it but not sure PLEASE LET ME KNOW! the truck is soon to be 14 years old!

Heres a pic....http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=129323

It wont let me upload it to this thread because i already have it in another one....
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If it push snow the value of the truck goes down rust, frame could have a twist in it all depends how it was treated when it was plowing
    If never push snow I say yes good price little high still good price
    Why do you want a truck with a 7.5 plow What type work you doing with it
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

$7500 max...
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would say $7000-$7500 at most that's an old truck and if it's plowed before and starting to rust that is all it's worth! At $9000 he's nuts!
  5. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Keep in mind these trucks have frame issues I really have trouble wrappin my head around even 7 grand!
  6. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i would say $7000.00, like the others posted you don't know how it was taken care of mechanically. the reason im saying this is i bought an 05 2500hd extended cab 4 door, 6.0 4x4this year, it came with factory plow prep, hd trailer package with gooseneck set-up, 87000mile and a warranty for 12000.00. there are good buys out there if you have time to look and this isn't the best time of the year to look for a 4x4. ask him if he'll let you take it and have a mechanic or a friend of yours thats well versed as a mechanic take a look at it for slop in the drive train, burnt tranny fluid, see how dirty the oil is, have the owner start it after its been sitting all night to see if there are any unusual noises from a cold start up. These are just suggestions and i am by no means a mechanic but these are some of the things i look for and if he just used it to plow his car wash it may have sit a lot and that can be worse than using almost daily as seals and things dry out and when it starts getting used the problems show their ugly heads. Good Luck and be safe.