1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you pay for my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mackman, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Im really thinking about selling my 350. I need a truck with a service body and i want to buy a new 550. Anyway its a 2004 with only 64,000 miles. I bought the truck new in 04 and have been the only driver. The first 5 years of the trucks life it did not plow. The plow and salter are about 3 years old. The eby flatbed i put on about 5 months ago. Overall it is a very clean truck. It runs great and for being 6.0 never gave me a problem. It has the 6speed manual in it. I know the color change will hurt the valve (used to be blue) Everything works as it should. Is 25,000 high ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap... I don't even recognize that truck as yours. Looks like you've been doing well with the sewage stuff . Love that flat deck. Ask what you need out of it, someone will hammer you down anyway.

3. Mackman

from S.E. PA

The septic business so far as been very good to me. Im doing more and more repair work. Thats why i need a service body. I seen trucks around my age and about 20-40,000 more miles and just a plow and they are asking 20k. But i know what they are asking and what they are getting is two different things. I might throw it up on ebay and see what the bidding will get up to.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

5. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Thats a nice truck. But i would like to have a service truck under CDL.

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I think that's the best looking Ford on this site IMO.

Just has that work truck look to it.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is that a XL,XLT?

Ever tuned?

How much without the salter and plow?

What kind of lightbar is that? Assuming that goes with the unit. Any other lights or extras?

Why not keep the truck and change out the flatbed?....I'm really interested in the bed if that's a possible.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Not sure on price, but I also want to add how sharp that truck is.

9. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Its a XLT. I think im getting out of snow work. So i want to sell it as a package with everything. The reason i dont want to add a service body to it is for a couple reasons. Im itching to get a new truck plus i want a 550 for towing skid steers, mini excavters etc. I know the 350 can tow that stuff but a 550 will tow it better. BTW no lightbar i want to keep that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. 1olddogtwo

It is a sharp looking truck, been thinking about trading my 2012 in for a 13 cause the miles I put on so quickly. A 2nd SD would would be nice. I can picture that behind my SS MVP or the new MVP 3

I've always thought the 05/07 SD's looked the best.

IMAG0108.jpg

100_0718.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0710-1.jpg

100_0709.jpg

11. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Thanks for adding the pics. as you can see the frame is in good shape lol. There is some rust but nothing at all major. Im going to throw it up on ebay and see what it does. In the next couple days

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

@1olddogtwo From your sig, selling the SS MVP?

Sharp truck, I'd say anywhere from 22-25k would be a fair price.

13. 1olddogtwo

Yes......well more likely unless I buy a 2nd truck.

14. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

Dang I can't believe your going to sell it after all that work. but hey if you need a bigger truck, you need a bigger truck

15. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

If you were to get a new 550 would you through a plow on the front?

16. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Once your in snow you really can't get out of it....

17. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

No one answer his question, lets see if he is capable of reading and figuring out the answer himself. :yow!::dizzy::realmad:

18. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I know it sucks. Im gonna lose my ass. But its part of the game i guess.

As of now NO PLOW. But look at the quote below.

19. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Not that I dont wish you great luck in your sale, but I think you are WAY high on the price.

I didnt read every post, but does it come with the salter and plow?

Around here, an 04 6.0 red can with 65k wouldn't fetch more than 12-15k tops and that might be high.
    Its a great looking truck, people are very scared of a 6.0.

20. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Yes it comes with plow and salter. For 12-15k i will keep it. You may be right. We will see.

A buddy of mine just sold his 04 XLT f-250 with 158,000 miles and got 13,000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.