1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you mount?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DaveC, Jul 22, 2015.

1. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

Hi all,

What would you mount on a 2011 Chevy 3500HD Diesel, crew cab, long bed, single rear wheels.
    Plowing would be a couple of short driveways and a small 100ft x 100ft lot.

Thanks

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

8' BOSS straight blade

3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

You can't go wrong with a Boss blade. I, however, would prefer an 8.5 blade. Not much difference but a little wider when fully angled is helpful.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That WB calls a min of 9 foot

5. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I was thinking 8' since it was single rear wheel and he said small driveways.

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

"Short" drives, "small" lot. Obviously either will work.

7. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

Do you think a V plow would be overkill?

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Hell no. MVP3 is correct choice

9. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I assumed minimal use = minimal investment. MVP3 excellent!

10. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

I was considering a Fisher XV2, the closest dealer sells Fisher Plows and is known for their excellent service. The Boss and Western dealers are much farther away.
    I have never used a V plow and don't know if it would be better than a straight one.

11. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

A v plow would be helpful especially if the drive ways drift during snows. Could go 8' 2" boss DXT or V-xt, then get the wings boss offers and make it a 10 foot blade and not add much extra weight. Dealer support is a big deciding factor as well.

12. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I have the Fisher vx2 8.5ft on my '15 2500 works great. Not sure how close it would be for you but I got a great deal from ACT Equipment in Westfield, MA on mine, small family business and they really care about their customers

13. DaveC

DaveC Junior Member

Thanks, I think I'm leaning toward the vx2. The other plow dealers are too far to go if I need service. The Fisher dealer near me has a well stocked inventory and has a reputation for quality and prompt service, I'll give them a call.

14. You can't go wrong with the XV2. I have two of them and love them

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

If you do not plan to work on your own plow, then choose the closest dealer with good support. You're in Fisher land there in New England.