1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you have bid.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MSsnowplowing, Oct 2, 2016.

1. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

I have already put my bid in and now just waiting to hear.

You have close to 12 acres of plowable surface.

You have close to .60 acres of sidewalks.

The place is open 7 days a week, but the stores in it close down between 7pm and 11pm -(depends of the store.)

So what would you bid?

And what you put in here for equipment?

My thoughts were a loader with a 12 foot push box and 3 trucks and a 6 man sidewalk crew. Big Place.jpg

2. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Are you anticipating it to take around 3-4 hours with that amount of equipment? Hard to see how may obsticles there are

3. MSsnowplowing

I was figuring around 4 hours for a 3-4 inch storm, it is mostly wide open but there is always a lot of cars so I added in about 2 hours for clean up after they are closed.

ktfbgb likes this.
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Unless I'm not seeing something on my phone.......

Loader and skid and maybe one pick up truck.

One crew of three on walks.

5. MSsnowplowing

I have my skid at another site for the winter.

So add in one plow truck for no skid steer and the 3rd truck is to help move things along plus sand afterwards.

You may be right with the 3 man crew on sidewalks, sidewalks are not my strong point.

So what would you have bid for a seasonal rate?

6. MSsnowplowing

I forgot to add this, homer moment.

It's for a seasonal rate, not per storm.
    So plowing, sidewalks and salting.
    sorry.

7. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

So for the amount of stuff you are using I would have based my price off of $3280 per push for 2-4 inches. No salt that's just the equipment and shovelers. That being said my lots are all 1-2 acre lots so I'm not familiar with tweaking the numbers to fit a site as it gets bigger. That's just straight up amount of time it would take times my current prices.

8. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

4 man sidewalk crew said equipment, $3145.00. being that your pretty much open you state, How bad I want the job, How far is the job from me etc. you know, I may shave some of that. It's a little on the high side for this area. Of course no salt service.

9. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

LoL I remember stating to you are pricing seemed similar in some other threads. :waving:

ktfbgb likes this.
  10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

We base our seasonal for 25 events with 8 to 10 Salt only trips.

11. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Yes I remember you saying that. Within $135 of each other on a lot that size it would probably just come down to who the customer would rather have a beer with at the end of the day Thumbs Up it would probably be one of you guys as I'm pretty boring.

FredG likes this.
  12. MSsnowplowing

QUOTE="FredG, post: 2154332, member: 64665"]We base our seasonal for 25 events with 8 to 10 Salt only trips.[/QUOTE]

so roughly around 100k.

interesting, still waiting to hear, one of the worst aspects of this business.

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

so roughly around 100k.

interesting, still waiting to hear, one of the worst aspects of this business.[/QUOTE]
    What # did you submit?

14. MSsnowplowing

What # did you submit?[/QUOTE]

Well I know that the previous company was getting around 200k for it.
    So I did not bid more than 200k.
    Other than that, it's still out there, so prefer not to talk numbers till it's settled.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap, I'm moving to Arizona.

16. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Come on down! Real estate in my town is rediculous though as we are a major tourist, university, and ski town. You can rent a 1200 square foot house for around $1600 a month, or buy a 1,000 square foot house in the ghetto for $250,000.

JD Dave likes this.
  17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It's not worth it.......
    FWIW I'd be at $2400.00 per push plus salt 4ton per app
    Property in part of Co are very similar and worst/higher in some areas like Boulder.

18. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Property in part of Co are very similar and worst/higher in some areas like Boulder.[/QUOTE]

Housing is horrible everywhere I guess. At least if you want to live in the mountains. We got lucky and bought our place right after the housing market crashed. The market has recovered here and we are sitting pretty.

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Housing is horrible everywhere I guess. At least if you want to live in the mountains. We got lucky and bought our place right after the housing market crashed. The market has recovered here and we are sitting pretty.[/QUOTE]

According to www.brown-noser.com this should be posted.....
    on track.jpg

SnoFarmer likes this.
  20. MSsnowplowing

Well I was suckered :-(
    Thought I was dealing directly with the management company but come to find out it was a middleman, some new national.
    So I found out who owned it and who the real property manager was and sent them a email and called, but no reply back so I figure I lost this one, oh well gives me time to connect with the person in charge.
    Then when whatever the contract is up, bid time.