1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you guys think...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 31, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If boss had a back drag edge for there vee plows, or straight blade plows? And would some of you like this idea or what do you think? I plow some commercail accounts and I do some residential accounts and I can see the back drag edge helping me out alot at my residential accounts. What do you think?

Ryan

2. payton

payton Senior Member

it would be nice.. im thinking im gonna build my own

3. fastby250cc

fastby250cc Junior Member

I put a back drag on my Boss straight blade and I really like it. I helps a lot when I can not push the snow and need to pull it away - not that just the blade wouldn't accomplish the samething, but the back drag is a lot more effective IMHO.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Hey Payton do you have a vee blade or a sraight blade? And do you have any pics? Thanks.

Ryan

5. payton

payton Senior Member

its a 8'2" v. pics of the blade or pics of the backdrag?>

ive not started on the back blade yet.. just got a few sketchs..

payton

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

If you have pics of your back drag on your vee plow I would like to see those. I am looking into doing something to my plow and I just want to see what you did.

Ryan

7. payton

payton Senior Member

when i get something worked up ill be sure to take some pics and post ..

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay thanks

9. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

There is a company out there that makes back drag blades for the boss plows, just can't remember their name. lol Anyways, I have been thinking of getting one this past season, but I am worried about it grabbing on aprons and things like that. A lot of my commercial accounts have about a 1 or 2 inch curb still where the aprons meet the street. Usually I back drag the aprons instead of trying to fight the traffic and I was concerned about the back drag edge catching and causing damage to the plow over time. Anyone experience anything like this or am I worried over nothing?

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I think the same way. I hate traffic. I plow a apartment complex on a highway that runs thru my town and it sucks if you don't get it done by 4 in the morning. Otherwise you are fighting traffic like you don't believe. I have looked at the company that post an advertisement on here about there back drag edges and I think that I would like to have one the same thickness as my regular ware bar you know.

Ryan