1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you guys think this f550 is worth?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by syzer, Dec 10, 2009.

1. syzer

syzer Member

Its a 2004 f550 with 80k miles, very well taken care of in great shape. Its a 7.3 diesel, only negative is its not a 4x4. Fords arent my thing so before I get myself in trouble I figure I would ask. Im taking the box off and either putting a flat bed dump on it or a al-90s hook lift.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'll take a shot in the dark. $14k. I think you have the year wrong. The badge on the door is for a 7.3 but they went with 6.0's in 2003 and the badges were then chrome. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

No you're right. Cant be an '04 and a 7.3. badges say 7.3 maybe it could be a typo?
  4. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

6.0s are junk wouldnt buy one. buy a 7.3 if u can
  5. syzer

syzer Member

Maybe my year is wrong, maybe its a 2002. I know its a 7.3.
  6. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

They made 7.3 motors half way through 2003 then they went to the 6.0 . The 7.3 is the best but the 03/04 6.0's are junk. Good luck it looks like a good truck.
  7. syzer

syzer Member

Thanks for the info guys. I can pick the truck up for 8k from a friend from what I can find it seems like a hell of a deal. I will keep you guys posted to its progress =).
  8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

BUY IT! lol
  9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

No kidding, buy it. That would be a sweet sanding truck. It will plow, but I would only do really flat lots and avoid hills.
  10. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

wouldn't give more than 10k for it
  11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

He said he can buy it for 8K :dizzy:
  12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good deal to me. Put a big salter in the back.
  13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

a salter and shovel/walkway crew would be great out of that thing, hell put a mount on it and you can use it for backup in case one of your other trucks is out of commission.

the 02 and 03 7.3's were the best, 03,04,05 6.0's steer clear!
  14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a steal. Snatch that thing up.
  15. syzer

syzer Member

Thanks for all the info guys, as I said I am not very knowledgeable on Fords so its nice to get some feedback. I will only put a 2 yard ice o way on it for the time being, but am looking to put a 4 yard salt dogg on there. Ill post pics as I get it, get it painted, and set up!

Pro Touch thats exactly what I plan to do a big salter and a side walk crew. I do think I will put a plow on it though, I know that my isuzu with weight on the bak will plow the heck out of some snow, I would think this would be comparable?
  16. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

If you put some weight in the back you should be good traction wise. I put about 2 ton in the bed of my dump and plow in 2wd about 90% of the time without issues. Take a good look at the oil pan and see if it is bleeding. My oil pan needs to be replaced, but I am going to try and epoxy it this week. That truck will be a good pusher. Definitely worth the $8k. Good luck.