1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you guys say?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bdlawncare, Oct 10, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Okay so this guy called me this morning looking for a snow removal service in the area and asked for an estimate i am going over later today... I was going to say about 50 or 60 for 6" and under anything over 40% increase.?? Sound about right? take a look at the pic and let me know... i know its not the best pic but the driveway only hooks only maybe another 5 feet to the right to the garage. Thanks!

DRIVEWAY.jpg

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

$60/per push? There is no way you would get that around here for that price. That is a very simple push. To pushes straight back off the road. Then a little bit of cleanup where it necks around to the garage. That is about a 5-7min push if you got out and shoveled in front of the garage door. Not sure about your market, but I would be about half your price around here.

3. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

$30 per push is what I would charge for that. I only charge resi's per push as 99% of the time they get too confused when you start throwing around numbers by the inch.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I would be at $30 for that as well, but yes, charge more for higher snow totals.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

350 for the season.

6. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

^ what he said ;-)

7. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

35 or 40 at most in my area.

8. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

25 to 30 per/push or 350/400 per season around here

9. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I would be at $30

10. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Okay I was talking 50 for the whole job... Not per push... I'm a little confused on this whole per push thing... How many inches do you allow to accumulate before you push if so couldn't a customer just say push every foot and you would only come once... I'm new to this so take it easy it's my first season... Do you set a limit, like you can only allow 6 inches maximum to accumulate before I come plow... But then wouldn't everyone choose the highest amount possible... To drop cost

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$30 per push or even $40 or $45 for unlimited pushes per storm. Kinda a spin off of seasonal. $350 per season would be good too. That's a sweet driveway to plow. I'd start by windrowing that from right to left.

12. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Yes okay, 30 per push but how do you know when to come push... Like if that was the way you did it wouldn't that allow customers to manipulate pricing? Do to the inch limits they select.. Or do you say I come every 4 inches an charge 30 per push??

13. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Or do you say I come every 4 inches an charge 30 per push??[/QUOTE]

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Around here most of the drives are done after the snow stops no matter the amount. If the customer wants it cleared before that then they pay a bit extra for a added push during the storm. Set your own trigger because if they say every 4" and you get a couple 2 inch storms you will run into ice pack and ruts and will either take twice as long to plow or never get it down to pavement.

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well,if you have more then one drive,start at #1 and keep plowing till it stops snowing.Whole job and per push are the same thing.

16. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Maybe you should find a different job if you cant comprehend how to price a tiny little driveway.

17. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

When I started plowing 31 yrs ago I didn't know how to bid and I didn't have anyone to ask I would have killed for a site like this back then but I guess all the younger people on here just knew every thing about snowplowing before they even started. Glad you have never asked any how to or what do I do questions to to help you give your customer the best service you can offer! If you don't want to help this member you always have the choice not to responed!

18. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

Around my area I'd charge 40 dollars and shovel the snow at the garage doors for a snow storm up to 6-8". I only do verbal agreements with my customers but I've been doing it for a while now and the customers understand. But in the event that we get a larger snow storm, I will "price accordingly" because there is more time to plow and shovel a foot of snow then only six inches.

Sometimes my customers ask about this and I just remind them about last year and the year before when we had one foot, and the year before we had two feet of snow. At the one foot, I tried to plow twice and I charged them base price times two. If we didn't get to them I still charged them twice. In the event of the two foot storm I think I charged no more then two and a half times the base price.

Hope that helps... and the more driveways you get, the more of a PITA they become TRUST ME! I started two years ago with two commercial lots, and 100 driveways and got nailed with three 2 foot storms two of them three days apart. And customers call wanting to get out or wondering when you'll be here.... blah blah blah you hear it all. I then went to nine parking lots, with 65 driveways.

19. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I'm not doubting this is an amazing site for answers.And god knows i have asked my fair share in the past. BUT this kid has asked this question 2 separate times on this forum in 2 separate threads about the same exact thing and still cant figure it out with 2 pages of answers. So maybe he should go find another job.

20. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

Just give a seasonal price and when you/they would like it to be cleared. I think that is the best way. Save your "per push" price for the guy who flags you down on the road.