1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you guys bid this?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by PremierSnowPlow, Oct 23, 2015.

1. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Hey guys, I have a road with 6 houses on it and the town stopped plowing it this past year. They called me and asked me if I could give them a price to plow the road for the season. I don't know if I should give them a per trip price or seasonal price. We will be salting also. Heres a picture of the road im talking about. Thanks in advance. Anymore questions just post and I will answer.

2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Why don't you tell us what you think it should go for we will go from there.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Ask your insurance agent...there is a difference in commercial and municipal insurance rates.
  4. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

This for sure. Also, you didn't mention, are the actual driveways included? Any sidewalk work?
  5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Me, here, $90 per push. $15 per home is a deal. Salt/sand, $90 per application, $15 per home is a deal. Let them decide the trigger and frequency of service.
    Just a guess, since you can only tell so much from a satellite picture.
  6. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I don't think this would qualify as municipal. Again, just the road, or the driveways too? What are you thinking?
  7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I may have misread the post, I thought he was dealing with the Town.

We have several little dead end streets on our Town tender that they can't be bothered with but are still assumed roads.
  8. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I may also have misread the post, I assumed he was dealing with the 6 homeowners. There have been a few small roads like that around here that the municipality decides they don't actually own and have abandoned the upkeep on
  9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like about a 5 minute plow job, 7 if you are going to salt. Plow your way in, turn around and plow out. Back back in and salt on your way out. 2-5" would be about $50 for me and salt would depend on sq ft, but I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $50-$75 for salt.
  10. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You need to go see your insurance agent, see the extra cost. Then how many events per year, how many times on average you will plow the road. Divide that into the extra insurance cost. Then add that to what you need to make for profit, or forget it. Ive only ever plowed small municipal roads in Jersey. Theres more profit in driveways.