1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by onemanshow, Jan 28, 2009.

1. onemanshow

onemanshow Junior Member
    from alaska

So I had another contractor go to one of my accounts and try to bad mouth my work to the manager.The manager flat out told him that he had no complaints about the qaulity of my work and that he should leave.I take great pride in my work and give great service.This account has looked perfect after I plow and I have no idea of what he could say to bad mouth me.I've seen this guys truck working as a sub at the business across the street and if anything the lot looks half assed at best.I'm certainly going to confront him about this and try to not rip him out of his truck and give him a beating.Sorry about the rant,but I am still pretty hot about this.

2. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

tell you what i do. drive around and take pictures of your competitors lots, specially when they look bad. you put a few pics of your lot compared to his lot along with your bid and you'll be surprised how much more work you will retain and/or gain.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just have a talk with the guy and let him know tat you know he is bad mouthing you to people.
    Don't beat him. That will only get you in trouble and drop you to his level of professionalism.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you may want to call your accounts up and let them know what is going on. also, ask your accounts if they have any issues with your service.

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm with 04superduty....i would not mention a word to this scum bag, he will not last too long if he continues to act like this....if anything this is a motivator to do better...

6. Ozone

Ozone Member

I agree..don't confront the guy.

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Ignore him. Odds are he'll be gone before the end of the season.

8. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

This happened to me a couple years ago... Believe me I feel for you, I wanted to beat the guy half to death but didn't confront him... In the long run I don't think that it hurt me any and I also think that it made him look like an ass...

9. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING Junior Member

It's either Libel or Slander...

10. Kunker

Kunker Member

Let it go, but do get in touch with all your clients and ask if they have any issues or problems with your service. Maybe give you clients a heads up, but since you're providing great service to begin with (as your client agrees), I wouldn't bother.

11. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a guy that doing the same thing to me. hes been cause plowing snow to the building's entrances, vandalism, and low bidding as low as $20.00 per plow. i'm ready to ring his neck too. i decided this year that if people wanted the low price they could have him, out of 5 people that went with him, 3 called me back as he doesnt get out of bed sometimes till 10 am or so or his pickup is down, etc.
    I would just let your guy screw himself in the long run like mine is doing.

12. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

ignore him, most people in business can see the angle...

13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Forget about the competition, but I would consider throwing the manager that defended you a bone, maybe in the way of a dinner gift certificate or small discount.