1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you do

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Starboyz66FTP, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Starboyz66FTP

Starboyz66FTP Junior Member
    from buffalo

i am trading my truck in for 2007 f250 or f 350, heres the thing, if i get the new 250 i will also get a new western v plow with it, 7 1/2, if i get the the 350 i will keep my 7 1/2 pro plow thats a couple years old. the dealer will sell me the v plow installed on either truck for 4500, and give me 1500 trade on my plow, so if i get the 350 my payment will be the same as the 250 with the brand new plow, so 350, or 250 with the v plow
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You need a wider plow for that truck, get at least a 8.# foot plow.
  3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

350, no sense in cutting yourself short if your getting one.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have the 250 and also have a V-Blade. Mines 8 1/2' and I would never go smaller. Get the dealer installed blade. That way if you have a warranty problem with either the truck or blade the dealership will already know who you are.
  5. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

is it a diesel or gasser? Have you looked into just buying the 350 and then going to a BOss dealer and trading yours in that way? If its a diesel, you will want a 350 for sure especially if you want a bigger v-plow.
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Go for the 350.
  7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Have you considered a 2006? The dealers are still full of them and seriously giving them away. Friend of mine at the dealership mentioned they are willing to lose $1k to $2k on the 2006's just to get rid of them. Around here I have heard of $10k to $14k off sticker.

If you plan on keeping the truck for a while 1 year is not going to matter that much.

I am pretty sure you could save enough if not more on a 2006 to get a free plow, comparing it to a 2007.
  8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go for the 350 myself, with an 8.5 foot plow. Also the point about a 2006 is defintiely worth a thought, especially since factory warranties don't start until the vehicle is sold.
  9. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Just watch out for the sneaky dealers who offer up a DEMO discount on a new truck. Then the warranty started when they put the truck in service. NOT when YOU take delivery.