1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do !!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kingriver, Dec 31, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Yesterday I get a call from a business. The lady on the other end states they have several homes and would like to get bids to have them plowed, and that one needs plowing now, that her supervisor is returning from vacation. I tell her that in order to give a fair bid I would drive and look at both, thinking that I will get a plow out of this to make up for time/fuel. Drive 10 miles first home, check out possible hazards-conditions-estimate area/time involved it had been shoveled so no need to plow att. Drive another 5 miles to the second home get there and its already been plowed so I call her and make sure I have the address correct that she gave me. I tell her its been plowed she states that sure was nice of someone whomever plowed it. Anyway she then asks for pricing, and I tell her @ residential charge on both. She says sounds good but would have to run it past her supervisor whom by the way is the last house I was suppose to plow. I tell her we do written contracts that state (cost-trigger) and to call so we could write her a contract. SHE NEVER CALLS. Here's my question. Would you call her on Monday just to see what type of excuse she has--or let it go !!!:cool: :cool: Really dont need the account, just hate feeling like I've been played.......

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What's it hurt to call?

At the same time, if they never called you back about pricing and a contract, how hard would it be to get paid from them.....

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We always follow up on estimates, unless we don't want the work.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe she just wanted to know what to charge for having her kid/boyfreind/husband do the work.

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

HUH, that thought never crossed my mind, that could be why the one was plowed, anyway, I am going to give her a call tuesday. Thanks guys:cool: