1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bergys, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bergys

bergys Junior Member
    from nj

Ok, I have a little dilemma going on here. I am supposed to leave for Daytona for the race on Friday early morning and the report for Sunday into Monday so far they are calling for a light accumalation and turn over to rain. So,if it did that there would be no plowing and the rain would wash everything away anyway. What is your opinion on the situation if you were in my position? Would you stay or go and just let the rain wash things away anyway?? I have a few options to have someone stand by,but I don't trust anyone with driving of the trucks.

2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I would have to think about my priorities as a business owner...

3. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

the race?

depending on where in NJ u are i could give u a hand... i do my own stuff but if u need i could help u out... call me at 201-697-0080 or email me AKaplan@pascack.k12.nj.us or just reply back.. also, i would be more than happy to help out another plower

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Definately agree with this... biz comes first.

If you go definately have someone scheduled to watch and/or take care of it as necessary. It has to be someone you trust or you will a)worry all weekend b)come home to a mess to sort out.....

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The rain will not neccesarily "wash it away". This is a common mistake people make. If you get an inch or so then it turns over to rain it will usually just get under the snow and run off, under the snow and leave a rutted mess. If the temperature drops, then a frozen, rutted mess of very wet, heavy ice/snow.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

My best advise is to Fed-Ex the tickets to me and I will personally tape the race so that you can watch it (next week) from your own seats.

Heck I'll even drink a couple for ya :) :)

7. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

buis

For Sure ! Business before pleasure.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You know how it is going to work out. If you go it will snow and if you stay home it we be a great weekend. 2 years ago I went to the Masters. Second weekend in April what are the chances of snow. Well I left in the worst ice storm I have ever seen but I had everything well taken care of before I left. Business first, pleasure second.

9. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Please!! GO!!

I for one would like to see you go so that there is a better chance of snow. It would also be nice if you could forget to line anything up (back up) and that should be a for sure thing. I just hope it snows here too.

Jeff

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

LMAO, tis the truth.

Seriously, I couldn't have a good time, knowing that it may be snowing at home. Good customers are hard to find and I couldn't jepordize losing one cause I was out of town during the snow season.

11. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I wonder if he went?

Jeff

12. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

Last Sunday they predicted a "trace" of snow before midnight and rain from 3am to 6am. It turned out to be 2" of snow and tons of rain mixed in with it until 11:30am on Monday. It was total slop everywhere and extremely heavy. I wouldn't trust leaving my business. I would stay and be prepared for the worst (or the best). :D Plus you could actually be killing two birds with one stone if you go out plowing while listening to the race on the radio.
    (My $.02) :)

13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Hey JustME, I see your from Appleton. I'm From Green Bay. Hasn't this winter been a cruddy one for snow?It seems like every time there is a chance for precip. it is too warm and just rains. This February has been the slowest thst I can remember. Oh Well maybre next year will be better. :)

14. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

Anthony, Drop me an e-mail when you get a chance.(justbe at athenet.net) I have a couple of questions for you off line.

Thanks for your time.