1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intlco, Dec 2, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Just doné doing snow invoices for Nov, and when I went to deliver this one, I find that there are closed signs posted all over the windows of the building.
    The signs were not their when I plowed and they did not tell me or say anything about going out of business. The place was owned by Chinese people.
    What should I do? I am afraid I will be eating this plowing?

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Makes for thin soup. Check with the city and find out who pays taxes on the building, contact them and get the name of the people who rented the building, also ask if the building owner wants to take over the responsibility of the contract.

3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I've never encountered the going out of business scenerio. I have encountered the I've moved so I'm not going to pay you. Threaten them with putting a lean (sp?) on their house and before they sell their next one they need to settle things with you. Not sure how it works with business' going out of business.

Perhaps they own multiple stores and you can get money from the other store (provided owner and stores are same)