1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Oct 18, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I saw an ad a few weeks ago in the paper for someone actually looking for a bid on plowing. I called and it turns out the guy owns two apartment buildings. I went to look at the job, and the first lot is only about 50x75, but lined with stonewalls all around.no room for snow.Also there is walks lining the area. Would you guys take on an account with nice stonewalls all around the lot? Seems like a liability..

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

stone walls

How tall are the walls?? Is there room to make a small pile at the back of the lot?? Can you push the snow from the back of the lot to the entrance & pile it in the ditch or grass?? If I was driving the truck myself I wouldn't be worried about the stone wall along the sides.

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Hey Buddy,

The walls are around the edge of the lot on all four sides with one cutout for cars. The cars park and about 6 inches in front is the wall.No room at the back either....still deciding what to do.If I tell him I can only get within so many feet of them its one thing, but I think it looks like a bobcat may be needed to pile in the few areas available.

4. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Where in RI I grew up in Wakefield? Plowed there lots of years