1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qualitylawn, Jan 4, 2014.

1. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

got a call today on two banks i plow, woman told me they didnt need my services anymore. i asked her if there was a problem last storm? she replied no im married to so and so. who is another contractor. i believe this woman is new ive serviced these banks for ten years! banked there for fifteen! there main office is in another town about 30 miles away

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You're out, he's in..... Welcome to commercial property maintenance!

3. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Pretty cheap on her part to not let you finish the year. A contract would prevent this possibly.

4. SnowGuy73

Ha!

A contract is only as good as the person signing it.

5. qualitylawn

we dont get enough snow around here for contracts . lucky to get 2 or 3 plowable events per year some years none at all. i enjoy plowing gives me a little extra winter money. im pretty pissed about it since ive been a customer for so long. it doesnt really hurt me that much to lose it ! just dont agree with how it happened!

6. SnowGuy73

Do the same and take your business elsewhere.

7. qualitylawn

thats what im thinking!

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Thats what I'd do!

9. bmwe0692

bmwe0692 Junior Member

She at the bank in town or the one 30 miles away?
    Talk to the head man in charge! Maybe she is just an effing office assistant with NO authority! !
    Gee! I do not know why the plow man didn't show up. I noticed it wasn't done ,so I called my husband to do it.
    Loss of a customer, business man and an excellent plow driver, all, because of a nosy busy body.

T.J.

10. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Did she tell you that Her husband's name is Ernie, and ever since discovery channel filmed him doing caged snakes in a local pool, he's had a hard time finding work ?

Sorry to hear you lost the gig man, but nepotism is a biach..

.Happens here all the time. I lost my biggest account due to something similar, just this year.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  11. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Send her a message....

Plow all the snow up to the front door but don't touch the door