1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Premier, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Premier

Premier Senior Member

So this year i signed on with a national to take care of four gas stations. after the first snow event I got a call saying that they were changing the contract to a 1" trigger full plow and salt every time. I informed the manager I am dealing with that If that is the case I need to drop the 1 store that is way out of the way so that i can keep the other stores open as requested. then after our last storm I had 3 out of the 4 stores requesting I dump 3 to 4 times the amount of salt that I am. So I again talk to the manager to see what we can do about this. Now I am getting the run around from the National about finding a replacement for the 1 store and them saying that they are getting the run around on additional salt. I have talked to the store managers to let them know that I can not put down more product than im getting paid for and that i have made requests for said changes. 3 out or the 4 managers understand that the fourth doesent seem to care. suprisingly the national got the price right for the plowing service How can i get them to get me more $$$$ for salt. I dont want my name run down because of this. This is my first time dealing with a national and the only reason i took them on was to try and put my self in a better situation for next winter ya know newer/ better equiptment.

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

what are the terms of the contract? can they back out of the national contract and just go through you. cut out the middle man, better service for the gas stations and more money for you.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

gotta perform to what the contract you signed states. If they want to change the contract then both parties need to agree on that change.

4. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I am preforming at this time more than the contract states as I have not yet recived the new contract for the 1" trigger I am still working off the contract for the 2" trigger.

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Im not sure what their contract states, but my contract states that there is a 2 year no compete but they do have in the terms of the no compete that if you do compete you have to pay a % of your revenues made to them.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

nope

BINGO!

why would you do this if your not being compensated for it?

I hope you were able to neg alot of the terms on that contract.... its almost as bad as you know who's......

You should do as the contract states with the national. Have the managers call the national if they want more salt put down and CHARGE ACCORDINGLY.

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

If they approve additional salting charge accordingly as mick said. Also I would not do anything if they want more salt down every time unless they draft a little thing called a CONTRACT CHANGE ORDER that both parties agree to. Problem solved!

8. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Hopefully you didn't sign with Level 1 Maintenance to do Mobils. If you did, good luck getting paid.

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't even be doing the 1 inch trigger thing till I had a contract change order in had, signed by all parties. You can't trust any national unless it's in writing. Then all you can do is hold your breath and hope you get paid as stated in the contract. Many of these contracts have loop hole (outs) for the national, but leave the contractor holding the bag.