Snow Plowing Forum banner

What would you do if....

3K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  RamesesSnow23 
#1 ·
you were driving near a gas pump, and some little kid (probably 12 or 11 years old), threw a snow ball at some kids but accidently missed, and hit your Fisher plow? (soft wet snowball)

#2 ·
Get out of the truck and tell them they broke my plow now they have to shovel all my driveway :angel: JK.
Get out pick teams and have a snowball fight and hide behind the truck and tell them not to hit the truck :redbounce

#3 ·
I asked because this guy who drives a 1977 Ford F250 or something like that, with crew cab, 8 foot bed, jacked up like two feet, was driving near some gas pumps and some kids threw some snowballs at other kids and it hit his snow deflector on his plow and the guy pulled up to the kids who threw it (round 30 feet away), pulled next to them, slammed his breaks, slammed his plow down, got out, started swearing and saying so much crap to the little kids, not a good example of a human in my opinion. Horrible, and the guy's teenage sons were yelling at the kid's too.

A plow is made to plow snow and he's complaining about a snowball hitting the plow? stupid. The guy's truck is ugly. Old and UGLY. A big ship riding around town. Thinks he's the king of the road.

He deserves a punch in my opinion, talking to kids that way. :dizzy:

#4 ·
Nothing. I run a Blizzard 810 and snow balls don't damage them. :) Sorry I just could not resist. :blush2:

#7 ·
A Punch thats funny coming from you

#9 ·
LOl
Well, actually, I remember this one storm back when I was 9 or 10 years old. My cousin and I were up in his 2 story bedroom and had a bucket of snow which we made into snowballs and were throwing at cars through his window (now i realize how incredibly stupid throwing them at cars was but anyway) we hit a town plow truck. once in the blade, then it came back for another pass, we hit the windshield, and the truck following that, the driver had his window down and it went inside the cab.

now they were pisssed! they drove around the block,then came back and parked in front of the house, and got out to look around. we were so scared we shut off the lights and sat. they eventually left, but we were scared.

moral-some times its an honest mistake, in the idea of the kids, they were obviously playing with one another, and it was pure accident that it hit the plow. in our case, we were intenionally hitting cars, and deserved to have our asses kicked.

#10 ·
Yes it's a good thing nobody ever caught us stupid bad kids. We have all done it, not thinking.

#11 ·
Been there Done that, at that age and had it done to me, what goes around comes around.

#12 ·
if it was an honest mistake and it did no harm then big deal

If they intentionaly threw ANYTHING at my truck no matter how ugly and regardless were it hit and what damage was caused i would be pissed.

Have you ever been cruising down the road in an international dump durring a nice wet sloppy snow and saw a bunch of kids chucking snowballs a pasing cars up ahead? Angle the blade, watch for thier wind up, drop blade, hit em with a wall of slush. Trucks can throw snow too and arnt helpless. :nod: I am now always ready with the controler in case I need to defend myself :guns:

#14 ·
bolensdriver said:
I asked because this guy who drives a 1977 Ford F250 or something like that, with crew cab, 8 foot bed, jacked up like two feet, was driving near some gas pumps and some kids threw some snowballs at other kids and it hit his snow deflector on his plow and the guy pulled up to the kids who threw it (round 30 feet away), pulled next to them, slammed his breaks, slammed his plow down, got out, started swearing and saying so much crap to the little kids, not a good example of a human in my opinion. Horrible, and the guy's teenage sons were yelling at the kid's too.

A plow is made to plow snow and he's complaining about a snowball hitting the plow? stupid. The guy's truck is ugly. Old and UGLY. A big ship riding around town. Thinks he's the king of the road.

He deserves a punch in my opinion, talking to kids that way. :dizzy:
Why didn't you step in? I mean if the guy is going to curse and yell at a little kid who didn't mean for anything to happen then it only shows what a coward and bully he is. I bet if you stepped in he would have shut up right away and drove off with his tale between his legs. :rolleyes:

#15 · (Edited)
QMVA said:
Why didn't you step in? I mean if the guy is going to curse and yell at a little kid who didn't mean for anything to happen then it only shows what a coward and bully he is. I bet if you stepped in he would have shut up right away and drove off with his tale between his legs. :rolleyes:
I should of but I didn't know how long it'd last. I wouldn't want to cause any violence either. :nono: If someone says something bad to me, I get horrible. I was on a porch when it happened (2nd floor). :dizzy: If I see that again I'll ask him what they hit, and if he says his plow, I'll ask him what it is made for.

The kids didn't even see the truck, it just came around the corner near the pumps. There's the store to the left, and pumps right in front of it, and the truck came between them around the corner. Man he's a dink to yell at those kids like that.

#16 ·
You got to let them have fun while they can. I'm the one that gets in trouble with the kids in our family so I may not be a good example of what to do. I would laugh and maybe toss a few with them. My cousins little boy is 6 and I tell you on the worst day he can make me laugh. Makes you think back to when you were young and didn't have any responsibilities. Ah those were the days.

#17 ·
bolensdriver said:
I should of but I didn't know how long it'd last. I wouldn't want to cause any violence either. :nono: If someone says something bad to me, I get horrible. I was on a porch when it happened (2nd floor). :dizzy: If I see that again I'll ask him what they hit, and if he says his plow, I'll ask him what it is made for.

The kids didn't even see the truck, it just came around the corner near the pumps. There's the store to the left, and pumps right in front of it, and the truck came between them around the corner. Man he's a dink to yell at those kids like that.
See what you should have done then is throw a snowball and hit his plow again.:jester:

#18 ·
If accidental, Throw a couple back at them - join in the fun.

If intentional, let them know that a plow truck can throw a lot bigger snow balls then they can and that throwing snow balls at cars could cause damage and/or an accident.

#19 ·
I remember as a kid in Maine, lying down in the ditch by the house with my kid brother throwing snowballs at passing cars. It was a riot untill one of us (I'll always blame it on the little brother) hit on car's windshield and the driver panic stopped as what we thought was the windshield shattering over the roof of the car.
The driver jumped out of the car, run over to us, and thanked us for clearing the ice off of his windshield! That was the last time that we ever did that.....

#20 ·
Let me see, first you say he should get punched, then you say you would not start any violence? :confused: Just reading your post, replies, lyrics and viewing your picture ,tells me a lot about you. :nono:

#21 ·
I got hit by a couple snowball last year. I was driving and got hit with ten or so snowballs by a bunch of kids. Me still knowing what i used to do when i used to do it i cut them off on the other side of the block. When they saw me they sh@@ there pants. That was the only reaction that i wanted. I pulled up to the one kid and told him i was just trying to scare them and he said it work. It was pretty funny. I chased them for 5 minutes or so.

#22 ·
you need to scare the kids so they realize not to do it again but swearing and yelling like a baby wont do a thing. for some kids it might make them want to get your truck even more. Personally like most here i dont want anything thrown at my truck. i get enough dents, scrapes and chips by my self.
on a side note a local guy had his blizzard plow hit with a snow ball and it fell part. every weld broke, the wiring got fried. it was terible, must have hit its akilies heal (sp). LOL JK :)

#23 ·
This one isn't snow but....Still funny

Just down the street from my house during the summer there use to always be kids out in the front yard playing with water guns. Well they thought that it would funny to spray passing cars with them. They caught me once with my window down, and I got a little wet but it was no big deal. So I stopped and put it in reverse and they ran inside the house. They managed to get me a few times and all but it was no big deal cause I knew it was coming so I would roll up my window. Well they caught on to that and quit doing it when my window was rolled up.

One day I saw them out playing and decided to have a little bit of fun with it. I loaded up the fire extinguisher with about 4 gallons of water and pressurized it to 140 psi. I placed it in the passenger seat of the car and headed off down the street. They say me coming and started to run towards the street. I just acted like nothing was going on and stopped right in front of the house. They were a little confused at first but then they let it rip and so did I. I emptied it in a little less then a minute and they didn't know what hit them. Needless to say they quit trying to spray me when I went down the street.

Kids will be kids and thats the way it is. Just so long as they are not doing any harm then let them be. S**t happens and thats life.

#25 ·
Like mentioned above, after a long day even little things can set people off. Cut him a little slack. Obscenities are a little much, but believe me, these kids hear it daily in the school yard so their 'virgin ears' aint so clean anyways! lol

I can recall a bunch of kids hanging out behind a snowbank at a church pitching snowballs, I caught a dozen or so on the windows and hood of my S15. I figured it was a good time to teach a little lesson....

I kept driving (around the block) to let them think they had gotten me 'real good' and gotten away with it.

I came back around, watching them re-arming for another victim... so I came nice and casually back up the road towards them, and as they were getting ready to fire I downgeared the truck, revving the sh!t out of it for effect, and swung the truck in a big exaggerated slide around the parking lot towards them--they stood up, eyes as big as saucers, dropped the snowballs and ran! To maximize the pants-sh!tting, as they were looking back, I jumped out of the truck and made like I was going to chase them--man did those buggers ever run!!

I laughed my a$$ off and got back into the truck and went about my business--never ever saw these kids there again!!

I can also remember being quite young, riding in the back of my dad's new '85 Park Avenue going thru a residential area in Niagara on the Lake. Some kids were on the roof of a house with a slingshot and took a chunk out of the side of the car as we went by (rocks). I can remember my dad slamming on the brakes (b/c he saw them up there as we were coming up, just didn't know they had a slingshot) throwing the car in reverse, and screaming into the driveway!

I remember the little pricks climbing down the tv arial tower like crazy and running into the house. My old man stood there for five mins ringing the doorbell over and over (he was pissed) but no one was there but the kids. I remember us going home, and mom calling the police. Cops called back later (when they still gave a *****) and told us they went down there, had a little chat with the parents, and confiscated the slingshot.

In the situation mentioned above (at the gas station), if it was an accident I would have probably 'jokingly' made a 'big deal' of it, say something like "Hey watch the shiney paint, its gotta last another 20 years you know!!" or something along those lines (truck has lots of scratches and little dings, so there's no fooling anyone!)

#26 ·
This past storm I was plowing for the town and came across 2 sets of kids throwing snow at each other on opposite sides of the street. They kept running in the road to dodge the snowballs. I spent 10 minutes and using the plow made a snowfort(snow wall?) on both sides of the street. They were happy, and the mom who came out to thank me was a cutie. :D
I saw the mom at the local store 2 weeks later and she wanted to know if I could make another fort at the next snow. she said the kids were outside all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.