1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do if....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Jan 10, 2005.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

you were driving near a gas pump, and some little kid (probably 12 or 11 years old), threw a snow ball at some kids but accidently missed, and hit your Fisher plow? (soft wet snowball)
  2. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Get out of the truck and tell them they broke my plow now they have to shovel all my driveway :angel: JK.
    Get out pick teams and have a snowball fight and hide behind the truck and tell them not to hit the truck :redbounce
  3. bolensdriver

I asked because this guy who drives a 1977 Ford F250 or something like that, with crew cab, 8 foot bed, jacked up like two feet, was driving near some gas pumps and some kids threw some snowballs at other kids and it hit his snow deflector on his plow and the guy pulled up to the kids who threw it (round 30 feet away), pulled next to them, slammed his breaks, slammed his plow down, got out, started swearing and saying so much crap to the little kids, not a good example of a human in my opinion. Horrible, and the guy's teenage sons were yelling at the kid's too.

A plow is made to plow snow and he's complaining about a snowball hitting the plow? stupid. The guy's truck is ugly. Old and UGLY. A big ship riding around town. Thinks he's the king of the road.

He deserves a punch in my opinion, talking to kids that way. :dizzy:
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing. I run a Blizzard 810 and snow balls don't damage them. :) Sorry I just could not resist. :blush2:
  5. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

convince them to get in the truck and come shovel for $5 an hour...
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing. Snow can't damage anything, it would have to be solid ice thrown very hard. The guy is obviousley a little strenge.
  7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

A Punch thats funny coming from you
  8. bolensdriver

No, not really if you got to know me.
  9. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

Well, actually, I remember this one storm back when I was 9 or 10 years old. My cousin and I were up in his 2 story bedroom and had a bucket of snow which we made into snowballs and were throwing at cars through his window (now i realize how incredibly stupid throwing them at cars was but anyway) we hit a town plow truck. once in the blade, then it came back for another pass, we hit the windshield, and the truck following that, the driver had his window down and it went inside the cab.

now they were pisssed! they drove around the block,then came back and parked in front of the house, and got out to look around. we were so scared we shut off the lights and sat. they eventually left, but we were scared.

moral-some times its an honest mistake, in the idea of the kids, they were obviously playing with one another, and it was pure accident that it hit the plow. in our case, we were intenionally hitting cars, and deserved to have our asses kicked.
  10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it's a good thing nobody ever caught us stupid bad kids. We have all done it, not thinking.
  11. DJ Contracting

Been there Done that, at that age and had it done to me, what goes around comes around.
  12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

if it was an honest mistake and it did no harm then big deal

If they intentionaly threw ANYTHING at my truck no matter how ugly and regardless were it hit and what damage was caused i would be pissed.

Have you ever been cruising down the road in an international dump durring a nice wet sloppy snow and saw a bunch of kids chucking snowballs a pasing cars up ahead? Angle the blade, watch for thier wind up, drop blade, hit em with a wall of slush. Trucks can throw snow too and arnt helpless. :nod: I am now always ready with the controler in case I need to defend myself :gunsfiring:
  13. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

it is not what but when

we all know that on a bad day small things can make you snap. It happened to me after plowing all night some kids hit my windsheild the next morning. I was too tired to be pissed and after all I was young once!
  14. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Why didn't you step in? I mean if the guy is going to curse and yell at a little kid who didn't mean for anything to happen then it only shows what a coward and bully he is. I bet if you stepped in he would have shut up right away and drove off with his tale between his legs. :rolleyes:
  15. bolensdriver

I should of but I didn't know how long it'd last. I wouldn't want to cause any violence either. :nono: If someone says something bad to me, I get horrible. I was on a porch when it happened (2nd floor). :dizzy: If I see that again I'll ask him what they hit, and if he says his plow, I'll ask him what it is made for.

The kids didn't even see the truck, it just came around the corner near the pumps. There's the store to the left, and pumps right in front of it, and the truck came between them around the corner. Man he's a dink to yell at those kids like that.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  16. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

You got to let them have fun while they can. I'm the one that gets in trouble with the kids in our family so I may not be a good example of what to do. I would laugh and maybe toss a few with them. My cousins little boy is 6 and I tell you on the worst day he can make me laugh. Makes you think back to when you were young and didn't have any responsibilities. Ah those were the days.
  17. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

See what you should have done then is throw a snowball and hit his plow again.:jester:
  18. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

If accidental, Throw a couple back at them - join in the fun.

If intentional, let them know that a plow truck can throw a lot bigger snow balls then they can and that throwing snow balls at cars could cause damage and/or an accident.
  19. edosher

edosher Member

I remember as a kid in Maine, lying down in the ditch by the house with my kid brother throwing snowballs at passing cars. It was a riot untill one of us (I'll always blame it on the little brother) hit on car's windshield and the driver panic stopped as what we thought was the windshield shattering over the roof of the car.
    The driver jumped out of the car, run over to us, and thanked us for clearing the ice off of his windshield! That was the last time that we ever did that.....
  20. DJ Contracting

Let me see, first you say he should get punched, then you say you would not start any violence? :confused: Just reading your post, replies, lyrics and viewing your picture ,tells me a lot about you. :nono: