1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would you charge

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ein999, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ein999

ein999 Member

For say a 4-6 car drive 30-35 wide and three cars long parker with 2 feet of space between them. What would you charge per push and per year. Say the drive is straight with a garage at the end and blacktop drive. would you shovel the walk 20ft by 3ft wide. Is it harder to get per push or seasonal and what do you prefer. How many of these drive can one person do in a average strom. I am in southeastern Michigan.

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. ein999

ein999 Member

just write a price how hard is it to answer a question.

3. Here, in Toronto Canada, I would be charging $450 per season unlimited plowing with a 2" trigger on a contract.

If I was doing it as a one time deal no contract I'd charge $60 for the push.

I'm doing 35 with walkways now in about 5.5 hours. Driveways only (no getting out and shoveling) all reasonably close together I could handle about 70-80 of them over 10 hours or so. I've been plowing for 11 years so you may be able to do more or less depending on experience.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  4. ein999

ein999 Member

How many snow falls per year or pushes per season do you do in toronto. what is the average. thanky you for your reply.

5. It changes every year of course. Last year we must have been out 30 times. So far this year I think we have only been out 10 times.

One more thing, regardless of whether you are doing commercial or residential be sure to get General Liability Commercial Insurance from your insurance company. When you are plowing properties you are taking responsibility of injury caused by slipping. Even if you have it in your contract your not responsible they may hire a lawyer and take you to court anyways. Its simply safer to have an insurance company cover those expenses not you.

6. ein999

ein999 Member

more replys?

7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

In my area, $ 40.00 per push, unless there is a problem with placing the snow being pushed.

8. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

40 -60 a push depending on backdraggind and where the snow is going or obstacles in the way of the snow

9. ein999

ein999 Member

What would everyone of you charge for seasonal if it were 15 pushes per year.

10. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

take the per push rate you choose and multiply it by 15
    theres your seasonal rate
    i do my seasonals in 4 monthly payments from november to february