1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pcs, Mar 7, 2002.

1. pcs

pcs Senior Member

I was just contacted to give a quote for snow for next year.

I put a quote in for the landscape maintenance a few weeks ago and recieved a call today for the site manager saying he wants a quote for snow ASAP.

Here are some of the specs:

Snow will be plowed at 1"

Snow is to be plowed and pilled only in specified areas designated

Contractor must provide a loader to stockpile snow in designated areas at no extra cost.

To be included is unlimited amount of salt

Designated plowing equipment, in good operation conditions, is to remain on site throughout the entire contract duration.

There is a front end loader there on site now with a Pro-tech

The site is pretty open. One side of the building is approx. 1 acre lot the other one is 5 acre all open. The snow is piled at the end of each lot. Nothing along curbs and little islands. There's a driveway going around the building.

Can two skid-steers with Pro-techs handle this site?

I know it will be hard to give me a perfect price without seeing the place but just give me a ruff estimate of what you would charge and the equipment you would use.

Also how long it would take.

I have a price in my head.

We get between 10-15 snow falls per season and I usally use 24 total events, meaning snow falls and salting.

Thanks