1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by wilsonsground, Dec 17, 2012.

1. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

Got a call for this lot today, its my chiropractor. His plower sold the business and the new guy went up on price. So hes after me to see what i would charge for it. he said the guy before would come twice maximum for a cost that i wont give you guys. and if he had to come a third time he'd charge for it. Everything's push straight to the top.

IMG_0250.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Less then 50 bucks.

3. wilsonsground

his house is 6/10 from this location and its a small drive 4 cars big. the other guy was going both for $50 a push. seems pretty fair to me.

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Seems low. House and small lot for possibly $12.50 per push each? If you're good with $50 for both fine, but why would you come back again for no charge? Is it your fault the snow keeps falling?

5. wilsonsground

how did you come up with 12.50 a push?

6. grandview

I think he took my 50 bucks and divided it by 4 ,each place plowed twice.

7. wilsonsground

i gotcha. ok ya that makes sense then. id like the account, but im going to price it my way and see if he takes it. i know ill be more than his old plower for sure. i was going to throw 45$ per push for this lot and 30$ a push at his house.

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

get two estimates and call me in the morning

10. grandview

Seasonal bid 1500 for both.

11. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

What's the value to him?

What's the value to him to get his patients in safely. They already have back injuries or something else wrong with them. Seems like a large risk on your end for $50.

The value of your service is worth more than that in my opinion.

12. wilsonsground

Thanks guys. I gave him a price of 50$ per push for this location including one treatment at end of storm w 2" trigger. Anything under on call basis

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

and bill the business!...tax deduction

14. grandview

I have a few of them,wait,did I just post that?:D

15. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I would be ok with the $45 for the business and $30 for house. We have a $50 minimum for commercial and $35 for residential. The only thing I don't agree with is servicing a lot at the end of a storm for free. We will do "cleanup" as needed (if the county leaves a huge mess at the entrance for example.) It's stated in our contract that we will "Perform general cleanup of the lot to maintain an overall clean and safe appearance at a rate no less than 25% and no more than 75% of normal plowing rate." If I did seasonals I think $1500 would be good or both. This gives you 20 events of service before you start to lose money.