Snow Plowing Forum banner

What would you charge?

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Raymond S. 
#1 ·
Got a call for this lot today, its my chiropractor. His plower sold the business and the new guy went up on price. So hes after me to see what i would charge for it. he said the guy before would come twice maximum for a cost that i wont give you guys. and if he had to come a third time he'd charge for it. Everything's push straight to the top.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

See less See more
#4 ·
Seems low. House and small lot for possibly $12.50 per push each? If you're good with $50 for both fine, but why would you come back again for no charge? Is it your fault the snow keeps falling?

#7 ·
i gotcha. ok ya that makes sense then. id like the account, but im going to price it my way and see if he takes it. i know ill be more than his old plower for sure. i was going to throw 45$ per push for this lot and 30$ a push at his house.

#8 ·
wilsonsground;1540412 said:
i gotcha. ok ya that makes sense then. id like the account, but im going to price it my way and see if he takes it. i know ill be more than his old plower for sure. i was going to throw 45$ per push for this lot and 30$ a push at his house.[/QUOTE

i do $100 Min.. plow/salt, throw a small walk in..

Lager contracts we do a two step process, plow before 6am come back around noon for a touch up... one push price. Couldnt see doin that on a small lot, wouldnt make any $$$

#11 ·
What's the value to him?

What's the value to him to get his patients in safely. They already have back injuries or something else wrong with them. Seems like a large risk on your end for $50.

The value of your service is worth more than that in my opinion.

#15 ·
I would be ok with the $45 for the business and $30 for house. We have a $50 minimum for commercial and $35 for residential. The only thing I don't agree with is servicing a lot at the end of a storm for free. We will do "cleanup" as needed (if the county leaves a huge mess at the entrance for example.) It's stated in our contract that we will "Perform general cleanup of the lot to maintain an overall clean and safe appearance at a rate no less than 25% and no more than 75% of normal plowing rate." If I did seasonals I think $1500 would be good or both. This gives you 20 events of service before you start to lose money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.