1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge for this lot?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JimMarshall, Feb 2, 2013.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Wondering what going rates are like versus other parts of the country?

2" Trigger or at tenant request.... price per push plus salt.

[​IMG]

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

$3100 per push. No shovels or sidewalks.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Daaaaym!

Where does the snow go?

What will you use to do the job, multiple pickups, 3 articulated loaders, airport snowblower??

I'm at $3,000 a push, at the least. I can see 4 14' pusher equipped loaders being there for 4 hours per push...16 x $200 an hour = $3200...and at least $400 of that will be fuel...then 16 hours of payroll, what, $288? More? Insurances, loader repairs and maintenance, having 2 at the shop as back-ups, and maybe a pickup doing clean-up...yeah, $3200 a push.

That's a monster of a lot. $19,200 per 12" storm. Not too shabby.

4. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

You forgot profit for the owner of all of that equipment.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With salt,51,250.00 for the season.

6. JimMarshall

from NW PA

You overestimate. 2 trucks can clear that and apply salt in about 3 hours......

I need to move. 3k a push is crazy money around here.

7. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Not with anything over a few inches you can't. If you got whacked in a blizzard or otherwise heavy snow fall you'd be totally F'd there with two "trucks" unless they were dually one tons, and even then that would be pushing it with out a 2 speed skid with an eight foot box.

8. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Obviously in higher snowfalls it takes longer, three hours is with dually one tons and 9.5 MVP plus..... Bumps to about 3.5 with 2500s and 8 foot straight blades.

9. grandview

Going to have to agree with him this time.If you can get a seasonal on this then I'd go rent a loader for a few k and it will say you time and money in the long run.

10. JimMarshall

from NW PA

We've done it for 10 years now. Landlord wants it kept at a per push price....

11. grandview

Perfect for quoting seasonal. Just take the 10 year average for a price then give them a 5 equal payment plan. Easy for them to budget for the winter.

12. ducaticorse

from we

You've got a ton of nice equipment, and experience. You say you've been doing this lot for ten years? Why are you asking what we would do it for, perspective?

May I ask what you currently price it out at?

13. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Geographical perspective. In this area I get a little less than 1/3 of the per push prices mentioned in this thread.

For perspective, the market is so saturated in the area I can hire a sub with a one ton and 8 foot plow for 40-45 an hour.

14. Buswell Forest

from NH

I'd like to be there and watch you clear that whole thing with a straight blade duo in 3.5 hours.

15. JimMarshall

from NW PA

It might be longer thn that, it's been several years since we used straight blades there

16. Buswell Forest

from NH

That's a damn big account. I couldn't imagine attacking it with 2 straight blades.

17. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta agree with that!

18. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

That's madness without a machine on anything over 2-4". And $40 is crazy for a sub. But then again the average of $50 around here isn't much better.

19. BCLoco

BCLoco Junior Member

From what I come up with on Google Earth, you've got just shy of 9 acres to clear, with the whole site being about 16.5 acres. I honestly can't imagine doing it in 3 hours with 2 trucks, but if you somehow manage it, then $1000 isn't bad. Especially if you found two of those $40/hour subs. You'd be pocketing $760 a push and wouldn't even have to get out of bed!

We clear a 3 acre lot (no shoveling, they have an employee clear the entrances) and it's 10k for the season up to 118" (300cm). We're at just over 50" for the season so far. It's $300 a push after that, which is cheap. Remember though, some years we make out pretty good with that 10k, so it's been a give-and-take situation. I'd like to see us start raising the rates next year, since we're a little on the cheap side right now.

To answer your question, around here that lot you're showing would likely be 35-40k up to 118", assuming you're responsible for what looks like pretty substantial walkways. Hard to guess what it would be per push with no contract. I wouldn't want to do it that way.

20. ducaticorse

from we

If I were one of those $40 an hour subs, I would make damn sure that lot took me and whomever was in the other truck 8 hours to finish.