1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge (about)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cc2004, Dec 21, 2004.

1. cc2004

cc2004 Member

for 3,500ft of sidewalks.about 3ft wide clear and salt.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite! :waving:
    I would charge $35.00 per man hour and $25.00 per 50lbs. of salt which includes application.
  3. cc2004

cc2004 Member

I should have asked the question a little bit different.
    It would be for clearing about 1500ft of sidewalk per complex (2) complexs,total footage around 3000 (atv with plow) shoveling 12 entrances (each complex) and salt.Sorry about that,Thanks
  4. cc2004

cc2004 Member

Any feed back would be appreciated.I bid this job with the snowplowing and got it but,i'm not very good at pricing sidewalks.I gave a high price and i'm feeling guilty.I would like to know a ball park price for the sidewalks
  5. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

If you think you bid high but you still got the job then don't worry about it, because your probably ok with the pricing. If anything you will make a little extra money with the job.
  6. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I gotta comment about the $35/hr.. If you're usin an ATV to plow, that $35 won't cover one little accident you might have with it. Put that blade into a door or window and there went your money. ATV's are great to plow with but, the traction issue is a big problem.

One question I have is WHO is going to be doing the plowing?? Is your truck going to sit idle while you run your ATV up and down the sidewalks?? and then the ATV is gonna sit idle next to the truck while you're shoveling?? OK, that was 3 questions.. sorry..

If you're hiring a crew to run the ATV and shovel, then you have a whole different cost factor involved. Insurance, unemployment, etc.. I guess you could sub them and make them pay for it all..

Are you bidding this as a seasonal job or per push?? Will you be salting/sanding the sidewalks as well??

Sounds like a great opportunity but, more information is needed to really help you out.
  7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I dont' use an atv, I use a 2'stage. My buddy does sidewalks for me.
  8. cc2004

cc2004 Member

i have a crew of 3 that will be(have done) shoveling/salting and running the atv.
    I gave him a price for sidewalks (per event)
    Price for snowplowing is by the hour.

We are running 3 trucks for plowing 7.5 / 8 ft / 9ft blades
    1 truck 7 ton salter 9ft blade
    1 case loader w/ 15 ft bucket

Sidewalks make me nervous because there are no guide lines.