1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Xforce 1, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Bidding on a strip mall with approx 400,000 sq ft. lot. (old Wal-Mart). They want a bid in every 3". What would be a good price just for pushing?:confused:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Double what it would of been if USM had it before.

3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

79 Beers and a half a pack of Marlboros....:drinkup:....:waving:

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

ummm would have to see it but im guessing 5 hrs. i cant tell you a price cuz i dont know your hourly rate.
    the time is just a guess cuz i dont know your equiptment eithor.

6. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

5 hrs. for how many trucks? I have 9 trucks, 2 tractors, 2 skidloaders @ 75 an hr. each

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

How did you manage to accumulate so much equipment and not ever come up with some sort of production rate for what you have??

8. Matson Snow

How about $500 to $550 per push. You have to ask yourself what you want to get per hour, per truck.What are your production numbers..How fast can you plow this lot..Alot of factors determine price..

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

thats almost 40 acres....you need more equipment.

10. Matson Snow

Almost 10 acres

11. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Been pushing for 10 years now and here it has been always by the hour. I never paid attention on how much snow vs. how much time. Just pushed till it was clean. This year it seams like everyone wants by the inch. I was thinking 1300.00 for this lot for a 3" snow.

12. grandview

that's about 2 million sqft

13. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You never paid any attention in 10 years?? You're starting to sound like my soon to be ex-wife.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

You need to call USM at that bid. They would definitely hire you.

15. Matson Snow

If you think $1300 is a good price for your area..Then bid it...This winter try to figure out your production numbers...You might want to think about joining SIMA. They could help you out with things like this..If you join use Grandview as a referral and save $50 bucks......Happy Thanksgiving

16. GimmeSnow!!

GimmeSnow!! Senior Member

400,000 / 43560 = 9.18 Acres, I've been figuring about 50,000 square feet per hour on open lots but don't have enough data yet to see if we're accomplishing that, this is my second year bidding commercial work.

17. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Never had to, customers were always happy with the price. Still, I know what your saying

18. Matson Snow

$500 to $550 was just a number....I dont know what the rate is in MO or in Green Bay..Thats why you dont ask pricing from guys all over the country..It does not help you in Corn Hole Iowa to ask a guy in Green Bay for a price.....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  19. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

WOW, I can't believe Grandview's brainwashing is working! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. grandview

Took a page out of Dano's world domination manual. wesport