1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you bid this at?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Darth Spader, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Darth Spader

Darth Spader Junior Member
    from MA

Looking for ball park prices on this lot if it was in your area. approx. 15 acres to plow. side walk with canopy around the front of the large building, side walk in front of the two smaller buildings. Thanks in advance for the help

[​IMG]

1' - 3"
    3.1" - 6"
    6.1" - 9"
    9.1" - 12"
    per inch beyond 12"
    Sanding/salting (4 to 1 mix) - cost per ton applied

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

1' - 3" = $100.00
    3.1" - 6" = $150.00
    6.1" - 9" = $200.00
    9.1" - 12" = $25.00 per hour

your welcome :)

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're joking right?

Do you have the same overhead, labor and profit that I do?

Do you have the same equipment as I do?

Same labor rates?

Same insurance rates?

Same utilities?

Same cost of living?

It doesn't matter one whit what I would charge, because I'm not you. Even someone living next door to you more than likely wouldn't charge the same because he might be plowing for beer money while you're trying to make a living operating a professional business.

Figure out your hourly rate.

Figure out your production rates.

Determine what equipment you're going to use.

Multiply hourly rate times production rates for each piece of equipment and then you have YOUR price.

I don't sand, I leave that for my body guy and painter. I apply salt. If you want sand\salt which is completely worthless, I will double my rates because I don't\won't screw with it.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snow magazine runs some great articles on pricing. They just had a very good article on salt application, rates and effectiveness and another on liquids. Talk to Mercer-ME he will have some concept as to what the average cost of service in your area is. Here is a link to the DELDOT rate schudule they won't help you at all but they are pricing guides

http://deldot.gov/information/community_programs_and_services/snow/rates.shtml

5. Darth Spader

Darth Spader Junior Member
    from MA

I agree completely. I've already figured it what I think I'm going to bid it at. I'm not looking for anyone to do my work for me. Just looking for ball park prices from other contractors that plow lots this size.

I'll try and get a google picture up.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:laughing::laughing::laughing: