1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you bid this at.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by THEGOLDPRO, Oct 13, 2011.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Any idea how big this lot is?? I Didn't bring my measuring wheel with me when i bid this out but i ended up getting the account. Its a seasonal price, open lots with nothing to hit/go around. as well as side walks the length of the building front and rear.

Im just trying to see if im on par with my bidding. so let me know what you guys think you would charge for a seasonal.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Considering theres no dimensions, I dont know how many events you have, and I dont know your hourly rate. Very open ended questions.

2 hours for a truck??

3. THEGOLDPRO

Sorry we have roughly 10-15 plowing events a year. I didnt bid it based on my hourly rate. i kind of just looked at it and decided what i think i would want to be paid to plow it per event.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

11,327.00 for the season.

5. THEGOLDPRO

Good guess Scotty but nope, I might aslo add i have to sand this lot.

6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

reguess...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. grandview

Up or down on my answer ?

8. THEGOLDPRO

your low Scotty

9. grandview

So your a thief. 16,863.00

10. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

ok, through my geniousness i got a lot size...

im guessing 16,100 for the season? not sure what you charge per hour though.

i guessed 500x300 for the lot size?

is this place related to the drug cartels?

11. THEGOLDPRO

lol i woulden't call myself a thief, But no you're still wrong.

12. grandview

Thief and con artist too, 19500.00

13. THEGOLDPRO

Honestly i don't know the dimensions, But in the pic you can see a car parked in one of the spots bottom right of the pic for reference.

14. THEGOLDPRO

I never said your last answer was too low Scotty.

15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

A lot that size you will be lucky to get out of there with 5 man hours per visit since you are doing walks as well. That's for a quality plow job and if it is open like the picture shows. Add an hour or 2 if it is filled with cars.

I would guess you bid it around $15k per season and are hoping for a light year.

16. THEGOLDPRO

Your spot on, Good job man. I will however say the entire job walks and all takes about 2-3 hours with 2 trucks depending on cars, I know this because i actually used to plow this lot almost 10 years ago when i worked for another company as a sub. Its just dumb luck that they contacted me this year to bid on it..

I took this pic almost 8 years ago plowing the same lot with my blue truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. grandview

Sucks to be them!:)

18. THEGOLDPRO

Sure does lol

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wow 2-3 hours with 2 trucks, you need bigger blades. Unless I'm missing something that lot is only 2 acres. For easy figuring 100 parking stalls = 1 acre.

20. THEGOLDPRO

That includes the sidewalks and sanding the lot as well. i don't think i have ever spent more then 2.5 hours on that lot even with cars there, But then again i was working per hour back then for the company so i might have been taking my time a bit lol. That was also with me shoveling the sidewalks, I will have a guy with me in the truck doing the walks so that will allow me to plow rather then waste time shoveling.

Im assuming this will take us no more then an hour with 2 trucks and a guy snow blowing walks.