1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would you bid on this driveway???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Sno ballz, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Would like to get many perspectives on what you guys would bid this driveway at.

Its about 100 x 19 from the street to the garage, then fans out to 32 x 26 in front of the garage. Total sq ft is about 2700.

Snow can be pushed to the grass past the garage, and a small amount to the sides of the drive.

Please provide a per push, and per season price assuming 50" annual ave snowfall. Thanks!!!

See the pics attached.....

Sno ballz

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats pretty straight up id say 40-45 for 1- 4 inchs then add 50% for 4-7 and so on and thats how ive always done it
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

we only do commercial now but when we did homeowners our price would be $35 per push
  4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I wish all drives were like this. Most times garage is at end instead of alongside. Looks like one push, back up, 2nd push (if necessary) and done!You might want to take that into account when pricing.
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

so if you have to do two blade drops it would be $70 or is it $35 a trip to the property
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Per push really means the trip out to the house, not the amount of times you put your blade down

Around here that driveway would be between $25-$35, at 19' wide your looking at 3 trips up and down, at $35 I would finish by shoveling off the little windrow left behind while clearing infront of the garage doors. Your seasonal price depends on your trigger, most use 3" for residential and if you say 50" average than maybe go with $420 for the season.

This driveway would take about 6 minutes with shoveling and I would put 6 stakes in it.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I would push up to 6" for $45

over that.....25-50% more
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

35 to 40 for me anything over 6 inches we plow twice and would take 5 off for the second trip.
  9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

per push in commercial snowplowing means each time you visit the location and plow off the lot,not each time i drop the blade i mean come on man i want retire early but not before i'm 35:rolleyes:
  10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Give me 50 of those!!

$350 for the season around here.
  11. gino

gino Member
    from Maine

$55.00 per storm
  12. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Great info guys:redbounce

So taking those responses, and finding the avereage, i come up with $38 a push.

So with that in mind: I am plowing for the first time this year, have a 7.5' Sno-way on a Dakota, and this driveway is in my sub-division. Would I be considered a low baller if I offered this for $25? I have vertually no experience, and no cost or travel time to do driveways in my sub. Should I try for $30/drive in my sub? The driveway in the pics is the "biggest" of all in the sub.

Sno ballz
  13. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

don't under price it plow trucks do break down you need to factor in repairs an preventive maint.

14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$45.00 per time...
  15. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

i agree.....if average is 38 dont go any lower than 35
  16. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I would ask if he ever had it done before and if so what were the things he didnt like. I try to form a relationship(business wise but ....)with the customer and ask him if its ok to put driveway reflectors in(1.50 each around here). He will get the idea that your planning is a good move on both partys..i would say 38-45 per push..Good luck and dont lose that one..payup