1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Would You Bid for this?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Joesno, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

I plow A large Warehouse parking lot and a smaller office lot all on the same street right next to each other. A day care moved in right next to the warehouse and They contacted me for Plowing and salt prices. I told her i charge 100$ an hour for plowing and 16$ a bag for Knox 50lbs Deicer. Her lot would take around 4 bags of Deicer. It would take about an hour to plow. So my final price was 164$ if it needed plowing. She had no problem with the Plowing price but almost fainted on the Salt. What would you guys do. I am not going to low Ball but i would like the job for next year. She already hired someone for this year and I am not going to hassle her over it. I Just am wondering what i should say To her to get the job next year.
    Any suggestions?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

$100 a hour I would say you're already at the low point of pricing for a commercial lot.

3. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

$100/hr is a little low for my area... Don't low ball, customers complain about prices all the time, she cant do it herself for cheaper (if she p/u the salt herself and factored in the time of getting it and spreading)...

4. I think the salt price could be a lot better. I'm not sure what your paying there in bulk but it costs me $50 for half a ton of salt. (About 1100 pounds). I charge $200 per ton of salt applied. So 1100 pounds applied I would charge $100. So if you and I were competing for the lot the client would pay me $100 for 1100 (equal to 22 bags) pounds. With you $100 would get them 6.25 bags or 312.5 pounds...

Then again, I'm in a totally different country, maybe salt is a lot cheaper for us. I donno...

5. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

"Drive way Doctor" i don't buy in bulk so i typically do pay more for salt. I buy it by the skid and i get 50 bags for 400$.