1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would this take?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by srl28, Sep 27, 2010.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Trying to bid on this site. What equipment and man power do you think it would take? I feel like it looks way bigger in this overhead shot than it is in person (obviously). But what would it take to do this lot?

foodstore.jpg

2. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

not a lot of room to stack thats your main problem. next youv got those damn islands all over the place. go with a loader or backhoe with a 12 ft box and a pickup

3. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

man thats gotta be a 6hr job just to get it cleaned up right then you have to haul the snow away after the storm $$$

4. 04chevy2500

did you ask where they want the snow stacked or if they will pay to have it hauled?

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

What are the specs? open 24 hours? sidewalks? zero tolerance? details man, details........

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Forgot to post the details, kinda fogot to hit enter.

Not open 24hrs, 6am to 10pm though, not too many places to push or stack and the whole front (left in the picture) has a 6-8 ft high wall or berm around it. Wide sidewalk that wraps around 3 sides, nothing along street or anything like that just along the building. Tolerance TBD.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Those aren't details.

I would like to see 4 hand shovelors and 3 trucks on site, with no less than winged blades...

Looks like a nice place to plow. And I'm sick of people saying that's there no place to stack snow???Looks like there's a million places to me.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

:confused:

Ummm..have you seen the specs or sumthin??

the OP has not mentioned snow REMOVAL at all.

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

1-6", 1 truck, 2.5 to 3 hours
    total

I too see plenty of places to put snow. Unless there's something we're missing from the above view.

10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know how much snow this specific area sees in a year but we have had 100" 2 out of the last 3 years in my area. There would not be room for that much snow in this place. You guys who say there are plenty of places to put snow must be thinking you can stack it 10' high on a 6' wide median or something. You're nuts.

11. 04chevy2500

i really dont see where there is 'plenty of places to stack' with a 6 ft high wall surrounding the main lot unless i misunderstood. I understand that we are talking about jersey and its not the snow capitol of the world but from the info given i would not do that lot with pickups. no way to stack in my opinion. and why beat on a truck doing a lot that size when it is much better suited for a loader. if there really is a wall than i just dont see you pushing all the main lot to the upper corner with the largest grass section. no way that could be done especially not in 2-3 hours.

12. 04chevy2500

around here we have to cut curb to curb and are not allowed to stack on islands at all. the only snow on islands is the snow that fell on them. i truely do not see where there is room to stack. what happens if the get hammered again this year with a 50" storm?

13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Loader w/ 12 box, 2 pickups; one with a rear plow would be perfect for those islands and docks, one with the sander, 3 shovelers or 2 and an atv. Had a similar lot but smaller, those islands are a PIA.

14. FordFisherman

from 06611

and plan on losing some spots without removal, don't see how it could be avoided. Does that front left side slope down to the road?

15. FordFisherman

from 06611

Funny how no one ever designs a lot with snow removal/ relocation in mind.