1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would this be worth?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Saliba, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Saliba

Saliba Member

As of now i am a sub with a tractor for a local co. Wouldn't mind getting a few of my own places and may have the opportunity to do so with another person. I would supply the tractor, and the partner would salt and do cleanup with a skid.

Heres the place, its a 24/7 facility. [​IMG]

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

up to 2" $73.00

3. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I would do it for $69.00 up 3"!

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

A national will get it and get you to do it for $25!.....LOL

5. wewille

wewille Senior Member

How long will it take you to do it? How many acres? I would have more than a tractor and a skid there...

6. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

depending on the size of the two machines and whether or not a truck is there id say 2-3 hrs to do a full push up to a 6 inch storm

7. Saliba

Saliba Member

Right now a backhoe with just a bucket, and a grader, both do it in 6hrs on a 6'' snowfall. A tractor and a skid should do it much faster then a slow grader and an inefficient backhoe, especially if both skid and tractor have pushers on them. The place is around 6 acres.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  8. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

pusher blades will be the only way to go IMO. i do a store thats about 2.5 acres with a backhoe and skid. both have pushers and a 6 in takes one hour on the dot

9. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

The biggest thing you have to look at is what is it going to cost YOU not the next guy YOU.. if you cannot make money on it there is no point in doing it... you have to figure that out and then figure out what you want to make on it.. Next what is the competition like in your area.. the more comp. the tighter price you have to have... I do a complex about that size for 300 a push plus salt...... start with what you charge hourly and figure out how much time you will have into it....

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd do it for $100 a push + $80 for salt and $25 more for sidewalks.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to say but your out to lunch.

12. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

A Cheap Lunch........:help:

I hope your Kidding........:eek: