1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would look better

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Fiafighterdude, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

what would look better on my truck for whelen leds im switching from strobes to leds

1-Whelen led hid-a-ways in blinkers and tail lights with responder lp on roof and ( 2 lin6's in the grill )

2-Whelen led hid-a-ways in blinkers and tail lights with responder lp on roof and ( 4 lin3's in the grill )

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Depending on the actual truck... You don't want to go to much on it. overall... option #2

3. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Option 1, IMHO, 2 big grill lights look better than 4 smaller lights. Besides, LIN6's are awesome.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

option 1 i think would be better. when plowing you dont want crazy lights. simple lights warn people. people are alredy dumb enouph you dont want to confuse them with a bunch of different lights. keep it simple.

5. Fiafighterdude

from ME

ok ill do the lin6's but inside the grill or out side

6. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Hide them behind the grill. On the front of the grill looks tacky.

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Put LIN 3's on your license plate. They even make a bracket for it. Had them for 4 years. Love them. Hideaways in the reverse lights in the rear. I will see if I have a pic

8. Fiafighterdude

from ME

well i was thinking about that but should i get like a 700 or stick with the 500

9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

You can do either, but the deciding factor ultimately is price. The 700s are almost double the 500s when all is said and done.

10. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Why not put the New M-Series on. The M-7 would be good on the truck for light to the front.

11. Fiafighterdude

from ME

when dose the m series come out

12. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Don't know when, I think this summer some time. You could go to the Whelen web site and check them out.

13. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

M Series Lights

The M series lights by Whelen are out. LHS Lights have them and have a video of the lights working. They are the best choice for your grill lights.

14. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Why even go with grille lights? Oncoming traffic can't see them when the plow is up... Hideaways in the corners and a box on top should be plenty - you can even lose the front 2 hideaways to save some cash for same mentioned reason.

15. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah LOL isnt that true i would worry more about the backside then the front ... after all most time your backing out in traffic ... that why i love my truck 4 corners since i have a camper .. whelen slimlighter facing the rear .. and 2 able microlights one facing out each sids of the camper along with the lfl patiot on the roof .... good enough 360 warning .. corners a great see them from all angles ..

16. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I personally don't like hideaways. I have Whelen TIR 3. I mounted two of them behind the grill not sticking out, and I mounted two in the back right below my dump insert. They are bright as hell for only 3 led's in the unit. I hooked the front two to a switch and the back to another switch then it goes to the battery.