1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what would bend to cause this???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Olderthandirt, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

New plow 9 ft with wings on it and the pick up chains are not equel, in other words 1 chain has slop and the other ones doing all the lifting. I can't seem to find anything thats bent and have'nt used enough or hit anuthing to bend it. But they were both lifting equelly at one time. Any suggestion??
    BTW-- Its only about a 1/2 a link or less dif. so I can't just pull up a link on the loose side.

2. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

Anyone?.......................................................

3. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Check to see if one of the chains was twisted before it was put on the arm. That would make it shorter than the other one.

4. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

mine is always like that, nothings is bent on mine....and if you think about it, single chains have been used on plows for years, just in the past few years they added the extra chain as a "backup" incase the other broke, in rare cases...