1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What would be a good setup for my truck

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ramair2k, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Looking for something that would be good for general plowing, driveways, small parking lots etc.. Also, maybe some light duty commercial plowing. My dad works for the city DPW and I could easily be brought on to plow for them during major storms. I have a 2002 Ford F-150 FX4 offroad package. Its got the 5.4L triton V8, and its also the supercrew.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Since you are talking commercial you should post this in the regular snow plowing discussion rather than the personal plowing discussion. I personally don't know what manufactures make mounts for your truck in particular. Western, Boss, Blizzard, Meyers and fisher all make good plows but you would have to check and see which ones make mounts for your truck. I personally would not want a F150 for commercial use. They are just not heavy duty enough. Kinda like trying to plow with a Chevy :rolleyes:
  3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:gunsfiring: FORD...

wait... they are already dead when you buy them. :nod: :drinkup: