1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What works the best/reliable plows and salters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Paul Torunski, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Paul Torunski

Paul Torunski Junior Member
    from canada

I am looking for a new plow and salter I am leading toward a BOSS plow and a fisher/Western poly salter any feed back or should go with something totally different.tymusic
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ive got boss 9'2" poly vee blade and have had great luck with it. im no help on the salter though.
  3. Paul Torunski

from canada

Thank you for that input I am thinking of the same thing but not a V blade for the reason that to many operators and talking to one of the landscapers they said that he V is great as long the operator remains level headed and not a cowboy.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks GV :salute:
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Before you decide on a plow brand you need to check out dealer service and support. The best plow will do you no good if the closest dealer is 100 miles away and you need a part fast. Same for service. I use only Sno-Way plows and they are awesome. I have a Western 1000 Tailgate sander and it works well too.
  7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yeah i would look around for whats in your area as far as dealers go.
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yep, go with the best local support,

for the most part, the plows are constructed the same, or close to , and have similar designs, and hydro system, some ppl like down pressure, or chain lift, its just ur own person preferance, or control systems

salters... its depends on what it is ur spreading.... look into the meyer blaster, western 1000
  9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

fisher xblade or extremeV and a SS airflow spreader.
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I like Western stuff, but any of the 5 or so "big name" plows should be alright. Just make sure that you have a good dealer. I'm shopping around right now to find a good dealer to get my new truck setup.
  11. Paul Torunski

from canada

Thank you all for your input much appreciated
  12. kurtzsnow

kurtzsnow Junior Member
    from wi

Brant'sLawnCare, Try these guys out www.kraussnowplows.com they are awesome called them 10:30PM last year plow broke took it in they fixed it that night yet. I bought my plow there too maybe thats why.
  13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

get a new sno way...built like tanks
  14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Buy from icey, very cold ice cream!:rolleyes:
  15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A Meyer owner recommending a Snoway...can't say thats the first time I've seen that. :nod:

Like the others have said, buy whats serviceable in your vicinity.
  16. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

The welds on Western plows are junk. Have two MVP's with horrid welds and I wasn't real impressed by welds on the mount on my truck either. I think stuff out of Mexico is welded better. You name it, it had every defect possible....but Western saw no problem with em...gee I weld for a living...I would of been fired if I so much as thought about letting something like that go out the door to a customer.

Oh yeah did I mention the headgear on the plow got bent last year and I don't cowboy it?
  17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I just so happen to be a welder in mexico....thankyou very much!:p
  18. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Then you do a hell of a job my friend!! Do you weld the frames together on old Datsun trucks that they hall lettuce on?
  19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I sure do, you dont see any1 cursing my weld at 3am in a snowstorm! Although i think mexico gets a little bit more snow then jersey does!:waving:
  20. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Hell I think Hawaii sees more snow than Jersey did last year. Even if they were cursing you it all sounds like EEEIIIIIIIIIII!!!! Punta!! :jester:

Who knows....I keep hearing early winter.