1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What works better, Timbrens or SumoSprings?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DuramaxPowered, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have a 02 chevy 2500 HD crew cab short bed with diesel. What brand load boosters do you recommend with it with a 9.2 vxt plow? I have used Timbrens in the past. Just feel they are rough riding when plow was off. Been reading the sumo springs have the better ride. But do they carry the weight without the nose dropping so much?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Air ride jouncers.2 years on mine now with my 9-2 er. Much cheaper priced than Timbrens also.

3. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

Not to hijack the thread, but what else have you or anyone done on the front end of their duramaxs' to help with front end wear. Im getting timbrens when i get my tax refund, but i seem to replace the front end parts every year, year and a half. I'm only running a 8ft MM2

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

My T bars are turned up 4 turns but that has nothing to do with wear.My 06 3500 Dmax has 138K miles and all steering/suspension parts except the Air Ride jounce bumpers are original.Are you greasing everything on a good PM program?

5. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

yeah, i grease about every oil change, i only do about 6-7000 miles a year maybe less. I have replaced the front end with better moog parts. I have 285 tires in oppsed to stock which is 245 on my model dmax. I know that contributes to more wear. i just feel like i could do sometihng more to help.