1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What wiring harness?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Freddy130, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Trying to get the new truck set up, our boss dealer is going to order the mount and wiring harness. What do I need for this truck? 2006 Ford F-250. It has the same lights as the picture shown. Please note this picture is not of my truck.

Thanks,

Freddy

f250.jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Tell the dealer what kind of truck you have and they'll be able to hook you up with everything you need. Are you going to be doing the install yourself? If your dealer is then you'll have nothing to worrie about. Also all boss wiring harness' are the same. There are no headlight modules or anything like that. The only thing that some trucks need like gms are headlight adapters. Everything is plug and play.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need a controller and everything? Or just the plow and battery harness's?

4. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

The only reason I ask is because the dealer is over an hour away and asked what kind of headlight are in the truck before he orders the wiring and mount? Is there a difference in wiring for the ones shown in the picture and the sealed beam style on the XL trucks? We are going with a full truckside install by the dealer, mount and wires, dealer says control is included?

Thanks,

Freddy

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only things specific to the truck as far as wiring pertains is the headlamp adapters.

And for those you would need MSC04599 for the sealed beams, or MSC08839 for the H13 style lights, which are what the truck in your picture would be.

6. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Thanks B&B much appreciated!