1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What windshield wiper blades do you use.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ff1241, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ff1241

ff1241 Member

I had the rain-x ones but the tip broke off and then lost part of the back reinforcement. They still worked but not as well.
  2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

We use rain-x everything....

Window Treatment
    and Washer Fluid

Together they all seem to do a pretty good job.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

All of the expensive wipers that I have tried, ( rain-ex, bosch, all of the other brands) have the same problem. The tips break off in the cold. I just keep buying rain-ex and call it good.
  4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Michelin make a blade similar to the Rain x. It dosent have a frame so the snow and ice doesn't stick as much as a traditional wipper with a frame. I think I got mine at WalMart for about $30 for the pair.
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The Anco Winter blades if you can find them are IMHO the best.The Napa curved ones aren't too shabby either.
  6. allaspects10

allaspects10 Junior Member

I had Bosch Icons on my old Duramax and believe it or not they came standard on my 11 Silverado 2500 hd i swear by them
  7. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Bosh on everything

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Michelin brand, they are perfect when used the first few weeks but wear fast in storms.
  9. Dagwell

Dagwell Junior Member

I like Michelin or rain-x whichever is not sold out at walmart when i go. They both seem to hold up well IMO
  10. UpstateServices

UpstateServices Junior Member

I'm not sure the brand but I can tell you this, they work a lot better than the ones I put on the university maintenance departments F250 I traded mine out for!!!

The guy parked with his tires on my lawn over the curb and sunk in 4 inches so when I went out to leave the guy a thank you note I realized it was a brand new truck so instead of a note I hooked the guy up with my custom aftermarket blades.

I gift that will keep on giving.

Carma is a *****
  11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Forget the free wiper blades. I would of taken pictures and made them pay me to fix that. Besides that Karma thing goes both ways.......
  12. cosgo

cosgo Member

I got good service from the Duralast winter blades at Auto Zone. No complaints here.
  13. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

i buy the annco wiper blades, they are reasonably priced. I also use the rain-ex on the windshield through the season, and good windshield deicer wash to make sure the blades have the best opportunity to keep things clean and not freeze
  14. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Bosch Icons. They may be expensive but they are the best wiper blades I've ever owned! I swear by them now.
  15. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I use bosch, they cost a fortune but they work great & they last a long time!
  16. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Neo Blade from NAPA. Knockoff of the RainX & Bosch blades. Still end up buying a couple of sets of whatever blades every season it seems.
  17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Anyone use Everblades (heated wiper blades)?....And how do you like them?