1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What width blade to buy for my Chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DuramaxPowered, Oct 28, 2005.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Hi ready to order a new plow for my truck. It is a 2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd crew cab short bed 4x4 with duramax and allison. What would be the ideal width for this setup? I'm getting either a 7.5 or 8' western pro plus with wings, or a 8.2' vplow boss. Western doesn't require me to cut my front valence for the install of the mount. Most other plow do require that. I don't want to butcher my truck up. What do you think? Thanks!!

2. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

im not a big Western fan so i wood say a hiniker or a boss but i had a 2003
    2500hd with a p p p and a 8ft boss on it was ok
    now i have 2004 f250 psd with a 8 ft hiniker C plow and i like that so much a lot more

3. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

one more thing the boss mount is lowe to the Ground

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Boss or Sno-Way.
    No smaller than an 8' foot. I've not used a v-plow but, I've hear the Sno-Way rocks. I have a straight 8' blade from Sno-Way and have had no issues since '97.

5. steinerman

steinerman Junior Member
    from ohio

blizzard

have you looked at a blizzard. They hook up easy as a boss. I have three of them and really like them alot. I use to be a boss man until I used a blizzard. I have them on a 03 2500hd and 2 03 3500 chevys dumps. I riped off my gray plastic piece under the bumper I don't like the looks of them, with that on. I would of taken it off it I had a plow on or not.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would buy the 8' Western with sides. On the nights that you needed the wings put them on and the nights you don't just leave them off. You will not always have the extra weight of the V blade.