1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Western Plow on a 1999 1500 Dodge???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NJemerald, Nov 26, 2006.

1. NJemerald

NJemerald Junior Member

I bought myself a newer pickup this year and am now looking to put a 7.5 Western plow onto it. The truck is a 1999 Dodge 1500 Reg Cab/Short Bed.
    I've searched Western's site and see that they "recommend" a standard or poly plow for my year truck.
    BUT... I was wondering if anyone runs the Pro" version on a truck like this or knows of anyone/info in the same situation...
    The difference in weight is about 75 lbs bewtween the two units & I'd prefer the Heavier "Pro" version over the Standard... as I plow about 25-30 residential/small business accounts
    If it is just a weight issue on the front end... Could something be done to the springs for added support while during plowing period???

Thank you for your time,
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

When did they change to the new torsion bar front ends, was that 2000?

At any rate, run a decent amount of ballast and you shouldnt have any problems. I've got a 1/2 ton Chevy with the dreded IFS and a 7.5' Western Pro with pro wings. This will be year number 7 for being in service. It's been a good truck/plow combination for me.