1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What were they thinkin?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Killswitch, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Theres got to be a good reason for the little spring loaded wire clips that hold the halogen bulb in the Meyer Night Sabre lights but I sure dont know what it is unless its so the bulb sortof floats and isnt rigidly mounted reducing the chance for it to vibrate loose?

And how in theee hell do you reinstall them?

Yes....I took one off....lol

Damn things.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Also....My lights dont work. I just bought this truck used and am still figuring out a few gremlins one of which is these lights.

How often does a change over module short out and how do you test them to see if they are good?

Plus how do you know if a halogen bulb is good or bad.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The big thing is to check your ground for the lights and pump, use Dielectric grease on them to protect them after cleaning.
    Check all your connections to the lights & fuses (if there are any). Separate the connectors and look for crude,then use Dielectric grease inside each to protect them from water and crude. Check all the wires for breaks,(Wiggle test) wires get cut / broken at pass thru's.. Download the install manual from Meyer they may have never been done right from the start or have the wrong adapter. It should have a trouble shoot guide too (install manual) .
  4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Love this stuff put it on everything now trailer plugs, battery terminals etc. even my wheat toast LOL.
  5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Yeah I have to go through the entire thing. It seems like it was installed professionally but theres a few questionable wire deals....

Just not as clean an install as I prefer. Just bought the truck used.....

Ill start from scratch and trace all the wires and see what I can find and yes.....dielectric grease rules....apparently the past owner of this rig didnt realize that.

Thanks guys.....